cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

WIN 10 AUG 10 Update killed spell check FIXED TNK ALL

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
It appears since the Aug 10 2106 Big Update for WIN 10 I have lost spell check using FIREFOX and GOOGLE CHROME.

Spell Check is working just fine if I am using WIN 10 Microsoft Edge Browser.

I really never started using the Windows Edge Browser until now. I miss my spell checker.

using FIREFOX and GOOGLE Chrome I get the notice that spell check failed to load.

Can't find any other places to reset it again.

I have noticed that ADOBE FLASH is asking me to download a new version - Maybe that's the problem...

I'm thinking it just WIN 10 is clearing out all of the old stuff to make you start using the WIN 10 Edge hehe...

Anyone else notice this...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS
8 REPLIES 8

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just shut down both FireFOX, Google Chrome, and EDGE and came back using WOODALLS Forum portal and all is still working SPELL CHECK wise...

Glad to get away from EDGE haha.. Happy Camper once again...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
darsben1 - Well it seems I have my FIREFOX version 48.0.2 back on doing spell checks. I selected an OPTION for do spell check as I type...

I am typing on GOOGLE CHROME now on this dual monitor and it is still NOT doing spell check...

sounds like alittle process huh...

Just found the same option here on GOOGLE CHROME unchecked for using SPELL Check... Testing now.... OK it works I added too many e's in testing and it grabbed it...

Now I am curious how both of these very easy options got disabled????

Thanks for getting me to look in the options settings...

Roy Ken
Roy - Carolyn
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
have you tried reloading the add-on?
Firefox > tools> Add-ons> dictionaries
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Joe,

I guess that pretty well confirms it ain't WIN10... No Spell check and when I click on spell check it give me an error page saying something about not loading. Then it says the usual fix is start up spell check again which I then I get the same error msg haha...

Another thing I notice on EDGE is if I highlight a word the other browsers would open up that word in GOOGLE SEACRH and then I could pick the right spelling that way... WIN10 here doesn't have that link I guess

I'll get my wiz kid in here and let her catch me up on all my programs latest updates. May have a few needed...

Roy Ken
Roy - Carolyn
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I use W10 with Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Edge. Spell check works as it did before - it still can't spell Canadian English.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
That what makes me think it may be something else here. I am on the WOODSALL forum portal and both FIREFOX and GOOGLE CHROME was working SPELL CHECK last month just fine. Then I got the WIN 10 big upgrade that was suppose to get folks ready for their Anniversary upgrade which I haven't done yet here... That's about the last thing that happened here as for as upgrades go...

Probably something else not set right...

Roy Ken
Roy - Carolyn
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting...W10 here with latest update and Firefox.
Spell checker working fine..
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
You can roll back the update permanently if you want.
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind