cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Windows 8.1 can't find my camera.

Suds12
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a new computer. Windows with 8.1. Have Photoshop Elements 12. Can't get my Canon EOS 20D to upload pictures. Any Ideas? Hopeing it's some easy fix.
19 REPLIES 19

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Here is an update to 8.1 from Microsoft that supposedly will support your Cannon...(go to the Link and then Scroll down for the download)
Hope this helps...

LINK>>>CLICKY
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Your camera should have come with a CD with the proper drivers to load? Or, I would think Windows should at least find it and treat it as an 'external drive' at the minimum.. Then, you would have to "path" your way to where the pics are.

My Windows 7 and even my old XP find all my old and new cameras just fine without any additional drivers... ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sorry, I can't help with Win 8.1.. I will reject that OS for as long as I can!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

Turbo_Diesel_Du
Explorer
Explorer
I had my 8.1 dropped and reloaded Windows 7
charles weidman

Suds12
Explorer
Explorer
Cable to USB There no place I can find to put the compact flash. Some kind of Driver would be good or is there a cord I can put the card in then connect to the USB?

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
Are you trying to upload via USB cable or memory stick? The memory stick shouldn't be a problem. The USB cable might require updated drivers.
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch