cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winegard G2 vs. G2 plus

tarnold
Explorer
Explorer
Other than the one coax cable for G2+vs two cables for the g2 is there any difference? I'm asking about what's under the dome, the dimensions are the same for both units. I'm seeing about $100 difference in price.
4 REPLIES 4

tarnold
Explorer
Explorer
Op here. Got email back from Wingard. Seems only difference is the g2+ doesn't require the extra voltage cable and dip switch location. Also the "old g2" is not shown on there web page.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Having only one cable is a real bonus. It's unlikely that 25' is the actual limit of service but if it were, moving to RG6 quad shield or RG11 would likely allow you to place the antenna at a much farther distance.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

We have the G2, and personally I would rather have the new G2 plus without the 12 volt cable. Other than that the G2 has worked great or us.

"HAPPY TRAILS"
Chiefneon

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Our G2 has two 50 foot cables. I understand the G2+ has one 25 foot cable. Don't know about what's under the hood. Maybe call Winegard?
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)