cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wireless HD

racerchaser
Explorer
Explorer
Thought that I would pass on my most recent experiences into the world of HD TV for anyone who might be interested.
My coach has a front kitchen and a mid coach living area. Therefore, my main TV is mid-coach. The coach is an early 08 model and Winnebago had not yet moved all of the TV associated equipment to the TV area. As a result, everything else is in the front overhead. My dilemma over the years is how to get an HD signal back to the TV, which is in a slide. Obtaining some expert advise I now have a wireless system which works great. I used an Actiontec transmitter and receiver, total price $270. My sat receiver did need an b-band converter upgrade provided by DirecTV. So far everything works as advertised. There are some operational differences when using these in an RV. When I leave a site, before I unplug the electricity, I turn off the sat receiver and unplug it, then lower the dish. When I set up I get the dish locked on then plug in the receiver. If I do not do it this way it tries to find a signal before the dish is locked on and gets confused and I just have to start over. I have found that the wireless units have the same problem as the receiver. Therefore, as with the receiver, I unplug these units before leaving and when setting up, after the receiver is ready, I plug in the wireless units. Of course, you do not need to do this in a house since the power is always on.
Fox
1 REPLY 1

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
This may help many people who don't have satellite wired to the bedrooms for separate receivers. Thanks for the info!
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi