cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wobbly Winegard Dish

ol__yeller
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another problem. When the wind blows it wobbles my Winegard dish up and down so that the aszmuth setting changes. Is this just something I have to live with? Is there a way to tighten up the slop in the up and down movement of the dish. I don't want to make the trip up on the roof only to discover there is no fix for it.

I don't know the model number but it is the manual crank up single satellite dish made @ 2008.
I am NOT a mechanic although I do play one in my garage!
16 REPLIES 16

Clay_L
Explorer
Explorer
I put the wind kit on mine and it didn't do much good. I put a spring on the back that held the dish in place and was capable of stretching enough when the dish was in the travel position. That worked pretty well.
There were some posts a few years back about a hex screw that may be loose and tightening it is supposed to help. At that point I had the Traveler installed (thanks for a great job Bill.Satellite) so I didn't have a reason to mess with it any longer and didn't try it.
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats) Salli (dog).

Fixed domicile after 1 year of snowbirding and eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's pretty much something you have to live with. Those antennas just have too much slop when they are built and it gets worse as time goes by. Winegard does have a kit you can request (should be free if you call but certainly free if you catch one of the Winegard reps at an RV show) that helps tighten things up somewhat. You will see bungy cords on many of them when folks get really tired of having their satellite signal go in and out every time the wind blows.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?