cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Would you just delete this E mail..Apple

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have any apple products and never used I tunes.
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980
14 REPLIES 14

BTW, dyn.com has already confirmed they have removed this host from their servers. So at least this scammer's account, with who knows how many created phishing websites, is no more. Though may very well come back in the future under another alias?

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
1492 wrote:
Yes, its phishing for apparent fraudulent purposes? See URL link below:

Definitely, not an Apple web address. But using a DNS service to route to what is likely a website running on a home server.

I've taken the liberty to alert dyn.com which provides the DNS service of this phishing activity.

Thx for that
and
2009 Nomad 3980

vic46
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

Phishing trip!
[COLOR=]Never argue with an idiot. You will be dragged down to their level and then beaten with experience.

Kudos that you didn't fall for it? Many do unfortunately, by just relying on the From: email address which can easily be spoofed.

Funny thing, I Photoshoped a graphic of a crystal plaque award at work, emailed to our staff in recognition to those who thwart cryto ransomware attempts. A copy of the award may have been forwarded to staff of another area security organization. But will Never Say Anything to whom it may have been emailed, though definitely not by me. :R

And here's what a VirusTotal URL link scan indicates.

Yes, its phishing for apparent fraudulent purposes? See URL link below:

Definitely, not an Apple web address. But using a DNS service to route to what is likely a website running on a home server.

I've taken the liberty to alert dyn.com which provides the DNS service of this phishing activity.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
If you click it into spam it goes to the server and they block it from coming back into your email whether it was phishing or spam.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

EV2
Explorer
Explorer
Naturist is right, this is not spam. Spam is unwanted advertising, but this is a pfishing attempt to get you to click the links "Help Center" at the bottom. Do not do that - it is not from Apple.

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, thought so, when it said billed to store credit
and
2009 Nomad 3980

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Spam/Delete

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
click it as spam on your email server. Buttons to select for spam are usually near the top

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
and
2009 Nomad 3980

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Then delete it. Better if we could have seen who the email was from can you copy and paste that here
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Phishing attempt. Ignore it.