cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

am i covered

thehippie
Explorer
Explorer
i accidentally hit a low lying branch on the left side of my trailer in an attempt to avoid a low lying branch on the right side of my trailer when pulling up near my campground site.

am i covered with my insurance?

27 REPLIES 27

path1
Explorer
Explorer
New years eve neighbor had a tree fall on his trailer. He called foremost and got live operator to start claim process. Call your insurance company right now (825 PM my time right now. Call yours and see if anybody is even there. Little alone ask if you are covered. That would be indicator of how good your insurance company is or is not.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
jfkmk wrote:
The towing vehicleโ€™s insurance will only cover liability insurance, not collision. If you have collision on your trailer, youโ€™ll have the deductible to meet. If you put in a claim you run the risk of increased premiums.

on the "increased premiums" on my outback I got a torn roof from a branch, repaired under trailer policy. Not only did the premium not increase, the following year insurance premium actually went down about 10%.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
The towing vehicleโ€™s insurance will only cover liability insurance, not collision. If you have collision on your trailer, youโ€™ll have the deductible to meet. If you put in a claim you run the risk of increased premiums.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your deductible is?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

FF286
Explorer
Explorer
I would think it would be covered by insurance. Accidents like that is the reason to have insurance.
And even though itโ€™s Saturday night I would probably ask the same question to ease my mind and hopefully enjoy the rest of my stay.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not trying to be an AZZ... but, it's Saturday night, even if someone tells you that you are covered (which they couldn't tell you without knowing your policy), what does that do other than make you feel better? Not like you're gonna get it fixed tomorrow.

If it makes you feel better, since you were moving, and it was hitched to your TV, your TV coverage may cover it. But, of course, you still will have a deductible.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Teamfour
Explorer
Explorer
I'd be more concerned about any damage done where the ladder mounts to the roof. Regardless, we damaged out TT (our fault) and our Allstate RV insurance covered it less the deductible.
Lee and Anne

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3.73 locker, 3,295 Payload
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 7.8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH

thehippie
Explorer
Explorer
Wind River wrote:
Do you have collision insurance on your trailer? If so, you should be covered.
probably coz i bought it brand new and it's called progressive casualty insurance. but i'l have to check when i get how later.

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Your deductible is probably more than the cost of the ladder.

Wind_River
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have collision insurance on your trailer? If so, you should be covered.
2019 Ford F250 XLT Super Duty 4X4 6.7 Power Stroke
2004 Jayco Jay Flight 25RKS
Equal-i-zer Hitch, 3502 Ultra Fab Tongue Jack
Twin Honda 2000i w/parallel kit

thehippie
Explorer
Explorer
Walaby wrote:
Call your insurance company and ask them.

Mike
i know but it's after hrs right now and saturday.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Call your insurance company and ask them.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

thehippie
Explorer
Explorer
my ladder got bent in the process, the corner roof has scratch marks but looks like its only scratch no obvious roof damage, the real damage was to my ladder though.