cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping World sells cheap Junk.....

PatRenee
Explorer
Explorer

I bought the cup holder that you mount to the wall and place your cup or glass in it... I thought it would be great beside my theater seat on the slide wall.... I bought several things from Camper World and have since found the same items cheaper elsewhere.... I wasn't going to complain because I bought them.... But I went to mount my drink holder and it clearly has 6(six) mounting holes which is a great design... the only problem is our friends at CW only include 2(TWO) screws to mount it with...... HOW F>>>>>ING CHEAP are you that you couldn't put 6 screws so it won't rip out my wall....

right click on the word image above then click view image to see it.... thanks
22 REPLIES 22

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
ARE YOU KIDDING?
You sign up to these forums to whine about missing 4 unnecessary screws... Really?
Well mine is sitting next to me with 4 SS screws I provided myself and you don't see me whining do you?

Welcome to the forums, but geeeze ...
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
The Class C we had a few years back had two of those cup holders installed. Both were centered on wall studs and only had screws in the center two holes. They held well even with large ceramic mugs in them...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
So does Ford and GM, but people buy it..........
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Go to Wal-Mart. They sell the good stuff. :B

windviewer
Explorer
Explorer
campingworld is a retailer. your objection should be directed to the manufacturer. in past, i have contacted manufacturer (in this example camco) who DID respond with updated information and directions to 'fix' the 'problem'. they also thanked me so they could update their out of date online information.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
PatRenee wrote:

I bought the cup holder that you mount to the wall and place your cup or glass in it... I thought it would be great beside my theater seat on the slide wall.... I bought several things from Camper World and have since found the same items cheaper elsewhere.... I wasn't going to complain because I bought them.... But I went to mount my drink holder and it clearly has 6(six) mounting holes which is a great design... the only problem is our friends at CW only include 2(TWO) screws to mount it with...... HOW F>>>>>ING CHEAP are you that you couldn't put 6 screws so it won't rip out my wall....

right click on the word image above then click view image to see it.... thanks

Your link does not work.
THIS IS NOT CW"S fault. Your ire is misplaced.
THINK ABOUT IT.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Even items bought off the shelf may need personal modifications. And sometimes, what looks good on the shelf, really does work in the real world. We've purchased many items that FAILED miserably. It's part of the learning experience. It's not Camping World, is's buyer be informed!

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
You do not need 6 screws to mount it. It is a pre packaged item. Sold in all RV stores not just CW.
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+