cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Couldnt get cable tv to work

tex_wardfan
Explorer
Explorer
I remembered to buy a cable for our latest trip but when I hooked it up it did not work. I put it in the cable tv port on the outside of the trailer. I was wondering if I should have put it in the satellite port instead and hooked the tv on the inside to the satellite port. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. The tv works with the roof antenna.
2016 Sonic by Venture 190vrb
2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 4.8L V8
19 REPLIES 19

tex_wardfan
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I turned off the power boost button but it still said no input. They don't charge extra where I stayed for cable. I never did try using the satellite connection but I will next time. I get a real good picture down in Galveston from the Houston stations with the power boost and the exterior antenna.
2016 Sonic by Venture 190vrb
2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 4.8L V8

Rover_Bill
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does the CG require an extra fee for TV cable service? They may have their end of the cable turned off.
2015 GMC Canyon 3.6L V6 4X4 TowHaul SLE ExtCab Bronze
2016 Keystone Passport GT 2670BH
ReCurve R6 hitch, DirecLink brake controller
2005 Suzuki C50 2006 Suzuki S40

americanrascal
Explorer
Explorer
If its not the power boost button then try using the satellite connection. The last two rigs I purchased had the cable and satellite connections on the rig wired backwards. As soon as i swapped they worked properly.Then just changed the labels!

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
There is probably a switch/button to power boost the antenna. This must be off when using cable. Also, the TV may have a cable/antenna menu, and with modern TVs you must go through the search mode every time you relocate. Yeah, real pain. But I'm betting it I the power boost antenna button.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Did you make sure the roof antenna power was switched off? That also switches the TV connection to the cable input. The TV does need to do a channel scan of course.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate