cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ECO Coat Review

nogoodeco
Explorer
Explorer
Want to discuss my not so good luck with the new Rhino ECO coat system. I have a Damon hornet 5th wheel that I put a lot of work into replacing the complete roof with 3/8" plywood adding and replacing roof trusses. I used fiberglass putty to fill all seams and sanded smooth. I also sanded the edges to a radius to meet the sidewall of the 5th wheel. I called rhino liner number from the internet to ask where my nearest Rhino Liner dealer was to me. I was given the number for the dealer in Bay City Michigan. I called and told him what I was doing and asked for a price and if he could do the Rhino Eco Coat for my RV. The dealer asked how big was the 5th wheel and said he would call me back. I received a call back and was told sure we can do that and this is the price. I informed him that I wanted it done and would call him when I finished all the detail work on the roof. When I finished I called on a Thursday to make an appt. and we made it for first thing the following tuesday, I showed up before they opened and waited. When they arrived
an employee took all my information again and we inspected the RV together. I informed them again of the bare roof and A/C unit removed as they instructed. when the manager/owner got there he told me to leave my RV in the lot he had to move a dump truck and would get it right in. I was told they would have it most of the day. (leads you to believe done the same day) After not getting a call before they closed I called the following day around noon to find out they left my RV out in the rain all day and nite, rain did not start for three to four hours after I left.
I took pictures of the job as it looks sloppy and runny on the sides where they tried to cover up the warpping of the roof and has some pin holes on the edge. I called and sent pictures to Kim in warranty at Rhino Linnings and was told they could not honor the warranty because he is not authorized for ECO Coating and they did not sell it to him. I asked Kim, so you are telling me that is not ECO Coat on my roof. Answer was No I did not say that I said we did not sell it to him so no warranty. They do not stand behind the product and have poor dealers that are not honest. If this is the type of dealers Rhino liner allows to represent the product line and then refuse to correct the issue I do not recommend the product.
Ziebart Rhino Liner of Bay City Michigan is the place to avoid!
4 REPLIES 4

LLeopold
Explorer
Explorer
Correct. Multiple posts are not permitted without prior approval as per the Forum Rules.

Further replies may be made here.
Lou Leopold
Between RVs at this point
but I continue to tent camp!

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
If I were you, I'd be talking to a attorney, and tell him exactly everything you told us. Find a young one who is out to make a name for himself!

and you are only allowed to post a topic in one discussion area, not two as you have done. It gets confusing for all involved. The mod will probably end up merging the two.
Same topic in General RVing Issues Discussion Area
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

maraluke
Explorer
Explorer
wow that sucks. I know they haven't been doing them long and rhino can have an iffy reputation. They have already taken back the warranty they told Excel at Petersen Industries. They went from lifetime to limited 2 or 5 year.

There is an outfit with alot of rv experience. They actually made something for Rv roofs. I know they are in Florida. I saw them in Hershey.

nogoodeco
Explorer
Explorer
I called the number on the Rhino Web Site. I asked for the nearest dealer in my area. I was never asked what product I was interested in. I was given the number to the dealer nearest me. How would anyone know that all Rhino dealers are not allowed to purchase ECO Coat? When I called that dealer and asked can you do an RV roof with Rhino ECO Coat that dealer said yes let me call you back with a price. I know its buyer beware but I thought I asked all the correct questions.