RV Newbies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

A new question. And I'm bored

Think I found a floor plan I really like. The fifth wheel info states it is under 10,000 lbs. would a ram 2500 be big enough to pull it comfortably?

Dso66 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Buying a Class A or C motorhome for family of 4

Hi, I’m a first time RV'er, and I’m thinking of buying a used 1985 or newer class A or C motor home for camping trips with my family. I've had a 22 foot TT in the past and do not want another - hated towing it around. Our budget is up to $10,000. ...

jaycle by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

How to go with the flow but restricted by reservations?

I realize summertime is a busy time, especially in Colorado. BUT, we are newly retired and just bought a TT and was (naively) thinking we could just drive, stop when we feel like it, stay couple days and move on to the next place but how do you have...

Help! LCI auto leveler stuck at "low voltage" error...

We pulled into campsite that sloped downward towards the back. Had generator on and AC running. it the auto level button. The rear legs went down, lifted the back end, and the a "low voltage" error came on the screen and nothing I have done will get ...

campground site selection

Even though we have already put 3000 miles on our first MH, we have only stayed in a campground once. We are beginning a search for our favorite ones by taking 2-3 day trips and staying in a different one each nite. My question is about generator ...

rvit by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Airbags--what exactly do they do?

My 5th wheel pushes on my rear suspension a little, so it's sagging a bit. I still have good control and power, but wondering if airbags would be of benefit. I've had friends install them on their trucks, but I've never known exactly what they do. ...

CMunrock by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Keeping fresh water tank bacteria-free

I'm confused about how to keep the water in the fresh water tank from picking up bacteria/viruses -- such as the Legionaire's Disease that sitting water can develop.I've seen the postings about running clorox through the system, rinsing then re-rinsi...

mfjensen by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

New at this and wondering

We are renting a 42' 2008 Tiffin Allegro Bus and see it has a 70 gallon grey water tankI know it's difficult to figure but would anyone have a guess if that would be enough to hold grey water for 2 people for 6 days or do you think we should plan on ...

Buying from a dealer vs private sale

So Ive been looking for a nice used TT, and I have noticed that dealer pricing is often times a couple thousand more than buying from a private individual. I understand the dealers overhead and costs, but is there any reason to buy from a dealer vs p...

dnmccoy by Explorer
  • 40 replies
  • 0 likes

CCI 7719 solenoid remoal

Does anyone know how to remove the solenoid from the holding bracket in order to replace it with a safe-t-alert unit?

Stopping Overnight

A big part of RVing must be the freedom to park where you please when you please. I get it. But, being A truck driver, I am limited by law to a maximum 11 driving hours per day. And it's tough when I have got to get off the road and find an RV parked...

New Guy gets 1st trailer now what do....

New guy got his first trailer now what do I stock it with other than the obvious kitchen, bath, bedding supplies etc? Items you veterans wouldn't go without? Items you find to be extra helpful, neat gadgets etc.? Thank you all in advance for your...

How to remove stuck ice?

I think I know the answer to this but in case you guru's have a better idea than just letting it melt.......Someone turned the fridge off thinking it was empty. The fridge was, but the freezer had a half empty bag of ice in there. Before I remembered...

Nervous about pulling my TT

I just purchased a 28' TT. Wife and I are beyond excited. It is lightweight and fits our needs. I had it checked out and it's ready to go with new tires. Hitch with weight distribution and sway, good brake controller all installed and ready. Dealer s...