cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Eternabond Roof Edges?

happybooker1
Explorer
Explorer
My Keystone roof is one of those membrane roofs that isn't caulked on the sides. Just has the trim screwed in over the edges. I want to Eternabond EVERYTHING to forestall water-leakage.

So.... Any problem with putting Eternabond over this trimmed area? Yes or no?
2008 Tacoma Extended Cab
2009 Keystone Hideout 19FLB
Andersen "No Sway" "No Bounce" WDH
8 REPLIES 8

westend
Explorer
Explorer
happybooker1 wrote:
Thanks for the go-aheads. I've Eterbonded my PUP when I had it so I know how great the stuff is & about cleaning beforehand.

This is an '09. Roof membrane looks fine so far. About how long do these types of roofs last?
20 years+ if maintained and not sitting in a desert.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

happybooker1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the go-aheads. I've Eterbonded my PUP when I had it so I know how great the stuff is & about cleaning beforehand.

This is an '09. Roof membrane looks fine so far. About how long do these types of roofs last?
2008 Tacoma Extended Cab
2009 Keystone Hideout 19FLB
Andersen "No Sway" "No Bounce" WDH

Gale_Hawkins
Explorer
Explorer
NO but try to make sure you are not taping over trapped water.

LarryJM
Explorer II
Explorer II
happybooker1 wrote:
My Keystone roof is one of those membrane roofs that isn't caulked on the sides. Just has the trim screwed in over the edges. I want to Eternabond EVERYTHING to forestall water-leakage.

So.... Any problem with putting Eternabond over this trimmed area? Yes or no?

NO Installed mine back in early 2008 and now over 6 years later looks like it was done yesterday ... no lifting, etc. I was initially worried about the small contact surface on the top section of the metal insert trim, but it has held beautifully.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
Just make sure that you prep the area first and use a wooden or a metal roller for activating the Eternabond.
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk bรฅt - Dette mรฅ jeg se!

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Me too:

'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
I also put my eternabond over the edge of the metal trim...but not onto the vinyl that is in the center of that trim. Has held well for 3 years now.

Brian

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
I put eternabond on all my seams and over the edge into the drip gutter on my lance camper roof. First I was a little concerned about areas lifting in the wind. But I got some dicor 1 tube and put a little bead along any edges that looks suspect. I have taken the rig on a lot of outings and a few thousand miles and it appears to be holding up very well. It is very important to clean the area very well before applying the tape. I can say now I am very happy with the results.
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!