cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fresh water problems

Rickkessler54
Explorer
Explorer
we took our camper out for the first time this Friday and had problems with fresh water. I was hoping to be able to hook up to the city water but was not available. I filled up the fresh water tank but the pump just kept turning on and off. I figured it was just pressurizing the system but it never did. NO Water. When we got back home I hooked up to city water and still could not get any water. I checked for leaks and there is no leaks. Any ideas on what's going on?
8 REPLIES 8

6dot6
Explorer
Explorer
have you tried to take the screens off yet? they are hard to unscrew sometimes but they do come off. they use these plastic inserts that are supposed to conserve water and have very small holes for flow.
2010 gmc cc dually twins, nozzles and trans. 12.6 @ 108 so far.
2013 coleman 297re

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Take it back to the dealer and let them check it.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Rickkessler54
Explorer
Explorer
I did get training from the dealer and have called them. They are stumped also. I'm a machinist so I do know a little about mechanical things but this one does not make any sense what so ever.

Clay_L
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a city water fill valve is it in the fill position?
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats) Salli (dog).

Fixed domicile after 1 year of snowbirding and eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would bet the screens are clogged. But he needs to find someone close by that is willing to look at it and after getting it working to offer to train him how to use the systems. Sounds to me like he either bought used or got no PDI from his selling dealer. The water system is pretty simple stuff. Water in, water out. Water in, no water out means a valve is closed that should be open, or there is something blocking the flow.

6dot6
Explorer
Explorer
Bipeflier wrote:
It sounds like the pump is cavitating (full of air). It hasn't picked up water from the tank for some reason.

Things to check:

1) Is the water heater full of water? If no, you will have to pump 6 or 10 gallons to fill that.

2) Open a faucet to allow the pump to push air out of the system.

3) Is the winterizing valve for drawing anti-freeze into the pump in the proper position. If not, you are drawing air through the winterization hose.

4) Less likely, the pump is worn out or the pick up in the tank has fallen off.

Good luck.

op stated even hooked up to city water which would bypass the pump, he still didn't get anything.
2013 coleman 297re

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
It sounds like the pump is cavitating (full of air). It hasn't picked up water from the tank for some reason.

Things to check:

1) Is the water heater full of water? If no, you will have to pump 6 or 10 gallons to fill that.

2) Open a faucet to allow the pump to push air out of the system.

3) Is the winterizing valve for drawing anti-freeze into the pump in the proper position. If not, you are drawing air through the winterization hose.

4) Less likely, the pump is worn out or the pick up in the tank has fallen off.

Good luck.
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

6dot6
Explorer
Explorer
could be a long shot but my first trip out with my camper I had water problems. I unscrewed the faucets and shower head, basically anywhere there was water, and found that the screens were clogged with these little grains of I guess winterize. I took the water saver plastic pieces out of everything and fixed the problem aswell as gained a little better flow. good luck bud!
2013 coleman 297re