cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jayco Jayflight ?

Johnny7744
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking at a New 2017 Jay Flight SLX 267BHSW. Based on the Jayco brand name alone, this seems like a great unit with a 2 year warranty. Has anyone had some horror stories with there Jayco Jay Flight trailer?
7 REPLIES 7

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
Just be advised that the SLX series is a less expensive line than the regular Jayfeather. Not the same features. I can't remember if the construction is the same, or more of a lightweight construction.

I love my Jayflight though. First new trailer and pretty well built!

It's lighter weight/cheaper construction than regular Jayfeather.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
My daughter had some issues with the hot water tank, but they were really dealer issues. We wound up fixing it ourselves after 3 or 4 return trips.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just be advised that the SLX series is a less expensive line than the regular Jayfeather. Not the same features. I can't remember if the construction is the same, or more of a lightweight construction.

I love my Jayflight though. First new trailer and pretty well built!
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

outdoorlovers
Explorer
Explorer
Our first TT was a Jayco Jayflight. We liked it so much (and the two year warranty) that when we were ready for a 5th wheel we again went with Jayco.
2012 Dodge Ram 2500, Cummins turbo diesel, 6 speed, 4X4, tow package
2014 Jayco FW Eagle HT 26.5 RLS
Yamaha EF2400iS gen

NY_RVer
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2014 28BHBE that we bought new, and are very happy with it so far. It's our fourth RV and we found it to be the most comfortable for us; it seems like Jayco put some thought into layout and quality.
2016 Ram 3500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7 Cummins
2014 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE
Reese Dual Cam

whatimmadoboutm
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our 2016 195RB this past June, and have been happy with it so far. There are definitely some noticeable places where they save weight. For us, small tanks, a flimsy bed, and very limited cargo weight capacity have been the ones that matter. Tanks are really only an issue if you dry camp. We added a couple braces to the bed platform to firm it up, and we carry heavy cargo in the tow vehicle. These "deficiencies" are all by design, as it is marketed to be a lightweight trailer.

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
Base on the silence, I would imagine no more than any other brand. :@