cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Livin Lite Camplite 13' - Have one near Northern Virginia?

StoneCampers
Explorer
Explorer
Considering buying this very small travel trailer when out of town. We can't find anything locally this size to see. We'd really like to get a feel for the size! Anyone live in or around the area that would let us take a peek inside their 13' Camplite? Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8

StoneCampers
Explorer
Explorer
Seems the 2013 model I am buying in 2 weeks has the lower GVWR of 2500. The 2014 models are increased to 3000. Called to see if the company weighs the camper dry out the door (with options). Said they don't so we'll be taking it to a scale after we pick up. He suspects mine will weigh less as we will have a tipout.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
StoneCampers wrote:
Thanks Linda, for your input also! I see that the weight of this camper is only a couple hundred less than the GVWR. Hardly any room to load at all.

the two 13 footers I just looked at had dry weights of 2350 and 2250 and carrying capacities of 650 and 750 lbs.
I "assume" the GVWR is 3,000 lbs?
bumpy

StoneCampers
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Linda, for your input also! I see that the weight of this camper is only a couple hundred less than the GVWR. Hardly any room to load at all.

taigarazz
Explorer
Explorer
We had one of these trailers and sold it after 2 trips.
2 adults and 2 dogs way too small.
Not so much the living area, but the bath room was too small to complete the paperwork (if you know what I mean)
The wet bath was a pain because it was too tight to stand in front of the toilet to shower.

It was also VERY easy to overload that little trailer.

I really liked the concept of no wood and the industrial look, but it was just too small.
linda

StoneCampers
Explorer
Explorer
I completely agree. Unfortunately, my wallet does not...

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
just glancing at the floor plans I think one of the 14 footers would be more liveable and less than 200 lbs. more.
bumpy

StoneCampers
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Bumpy. Hopefully, we won't miss the vanity/sink since we'll be getting used to the wet bath also. The closest dealer who has one (a 14' though) is in Gambrills (related to Triange RV it seems). Appreciate your input!

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I strongly considered one when I traded last but none of the small ones had a sink/vanity in the bath room. just in case that matters to you. Triangle RV in frederick, md carried them.
bumpy