cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

need a tow bar...blue ox maybe

1950panman
Explorer
Explorer
hello just got my Allegro bay 28 ft..need to pull my new soul Kia. any suggestions?..i have seen the blue ox, but never used one//i have an old tow bar i used before on a nissan pick-up...for trade,,,travelman306
9 REPLIES 9

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
A friend has the Blue Ox Pro and it's a very nice setup. He loves it.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
While I have a Blue Ox baseplate on my Subaru, I use a Ready Brute Elite tow bar because it has a surge brake built in. Kind of like 2 for 1.

If buying today, I would get the same setup I now have.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Blue Ox tow bar and it has worked great for us.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
We use a locking pin now, too. Some people want to have a quick-release option in case one of the vehicles (RV or tow'd) catches on fire.
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
True story.. Something (I think I know what)snagged the hair pin that holds the tow pin (the one that goes through the 2 inch bar) which holds the tow bar into the receiver.. This resulted in the tow pin droping out and the tow bars disconnecting from the RV.

I use a locking tow pin. I can't imagine it ever falling out. Well worth the extra few $$.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

et2
Explorer
Explorer
There are different ones to choose from. We have the one rated for 10,000 lbs. Don't have a toad near that, but I like the extra beef to keep things safe. I think it's called Aventa.

Works great for the last three years. I do keep the maintenance ( cleaning and greasing).

Great company. I buy their drop hitches ( quality stuff ) and use their hitch immobilizer to take out the slop between the tow bars and MH receiver. They're a good product too. When tightened up, the hitch pin can be moved in the hole. It takes all the load off that hitch pin, at least when stationary.

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Wow. That could have been a mess wa8yxm. Did the chains save the tow'd?

(Good on BlueOx for fixing you up)
It's his Super Power!

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use a Blue-OX. Works great is all I can say. Also Blue-OX has a very good rep for customer service.

True story.. Something (I think I know what)snagged the hair pin that holds the tow pin (the one that goes through the 2 inch bar) which holds the tow bar into the receiver.. This resulted in the tow pin droping out and the tow bars disconnecting from the RV.

NOTE this is **NOT** the fault of Blue Ox.

I called them.. Told them what happened. Told them what broke, Told them I had inspected the break and I was 100% confident it was not their fault and there weas no fault in the product at all.

THEY FED-EXed me a new tow bar,, And a Fed-EX return label for the original.. NO CHARGE.

About 2 or 3 weeks later they called to say "Not our fault" I reminded them I'd figured that out when it happened.. We laughed.

HAD they determined it was their fault they woudl have paid for the damage to the towed as well (About 2 grand)

Now that's customer service.

I'm told Roadmaster is as good but I do not have their product so I can not attest to that.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your AllegroBay. Nice coaches. What year is yours?

We use a Blue Ox on our Phaeton to tow a 2014 CR-V.

My 2015 towing guide doesn't list Kia Soul as being towable four-down. Your manual should tell you for sure.

If you've not already done so, you might want to sign up over at TRVN.
It's for Tiffin owners and there's alot of great information there. (It's free to sign up.)

There's a classifieds area, also.

(NOT AN ADVERT)
It's his Super Power!