cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

propane

gailci
Explorer
Explorer
we recently had a facility state they filled our class a damon with 18 gallons of propane, today I went to check the system and there is a red X for us to check the gas. I do not understand why I would have a red x. if we just had 18 gallons put in. what is the max of propane for a 1995 challenger class a
any suggestions please.

we did go to a new facility that suddenly was crazy with people needing their RVs to be looked at. and I think they only stated but they didn't do the work we had asked them.
hoping they will follow through on 6/16/14

thank you
16 REPLIES 16

gailci
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all so much. we did get it check and apparently every thing is working.
hopefully
we are heading for maine this weekend

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Allworth wrote:
The tank is built into the chassis of the MH

You're right, my bad.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
RoyB wrote:
Your propane tank may be out of date. Should be an inspect date stamped on the cylinder...

You are mistaken, his tank is NOT out of date..

I will be kind and assume you missed where he said it is a CLASS A tank, These tanks, unlike the portable tanks, do not reqauire re-certification.. Just a once over by the pump jockey and IF he sees indicators that say the tank should not be re-illed either he will inform you, The Police, or both. (YES, some of them need to be reported to the police.. I will not say what ones but they indicate the tank was a bit too close to a Meth Lab).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
The tank is built into the chassis of the MH
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Only way to know for sure is to weigh the tank.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
My class C has a gauge on the tank. Have you checked that?
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
You said a RED-X.. Ok, now a tricky technicial question.. WHAT turns on the Red X?

And, also, WHERE is the Red X.. Some possible answers:

Fridge: This is a fault sensor, it simply means the fridge did not sense flame when it should have. MIGHT mean you are out of gas... Might mean "Other problem"

Water heater panel: Same as fridge

Tank display panel: I have a bad connection to my sender so I have to go out open the door and read the physical gauge not the remote indicator.

This, all assumes there is NOT a problem with a leak or inside the tank with the float.

It might also be a 1/2 PSI (roughly) pressure switch/gauge in the low pressure line... (or a 100 PSI gauge/sensor in the high pressure side of the regulator) in which case:

They are SUPPOSED to close the valve before re-filling, Some times they re-open it, but not always.
(NOTE: Most common propane fault,, Closed valve)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

B_s_Bunch
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe the bleeder valve was not closed tight and let it leak. Just a thought . Larry
Larry,Brenda,Travis,Jarred & MEME the Boston Terror:E TheBunch 2011 American Coach Revolution 42T:C The Double Wide

past-MIdirector
Explorer
Explorer
Did you turn the valve back on at the tank. By law they are required to turn the valve off when filling the tank and may not have turned it back on when done.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
My mistake - I was thinking cylinders like I have installed on my off-road POPUP...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

gailci
Explorer
Explorer
thank you very much. I will be heading to a dealer,
we are heading to a local camp ground to do a test run on all that is and is not working. very close to home. as many are heading to out of state campgrounds in maine nh and even the cape

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
RoyB wrote:
Your propane tank may be out of date. Should be an inspect date stamped on the cylinder...

With an 18 gallon fill, it's likely a 24 gallon (100 lb) ASME tank, not a portable DOT cylinder. No scheduled inspections are required for ASME tanks in US, only DOT cylinders. As said, the OP could have it checked by a servicing propane dealer.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Do not fall for the Cylinder being out of date, you have a tank and it does not fall under the five year rule. And being out of date would not effect how much propane it could hold.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

gailci
Explorer
Explorer
thank you Allworth & RoyB we did bring it to a Camping World Berkley MA. Asking them for the checkpoint service $259.99 selection. I think we got charged and not serviced but thank you so much. I will call and have them mail me the report they did. because when we went to get our RV they forgot to fill the tanks up.
Thank you again. that was fast reply