cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Propeller in bathroom vent...

tearza
Explorer
Explorer
Just purchased a 10 yr old Motor home. The blade in the bathroom vent is plastic and crumbling from age. I do not want to replace the vent just the blade. Has anybody ever replaced the blade on a bathroom vent? It is not attached with a screw. How do you get the blade off the motor?
John,Gloria three Maltese dogs & African grey parrot...
6 REPLIES 6

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Bumpy.. I keep thinking of a Maxx Air, but .. Well, $$$$.. I bought a big box full of 4" computer type fans (12) for like 10 bucks in QZ a few years back.. I think I have one left. Used 3 or 4 in one of the bathroom vents (I have 2) and 2q in the other, they work well. Less noise, I'm happy.

putting that maxx air in taught me to not have the door closed, and flush the toilet with that fan running. ๐Ÿ™‚
bumpy

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bumpy.. I keep thinking of a Maxx Air, but .. Well, $$$$.. I bought a big box full of 4" computer type fans (12) for like 10 bucks in QZ a few years back.. I think I have one left. Used 3 or 4 in one of the bathroom vents (I have 2) and 2q in the other, they work well. Less noise, I'm happy.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
any thing would be an improvement over the old whirr and buzz originals. I removed the blade and installed a maxxaire over the vent.
bumpy

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
It is a "press fit" and pulls off easily, Any good size RF dealer and all CW's should have it. NOTE: this fan spins BACKWARDS from what most fans do. Most are designed to suck across the motor and push outward, This one sucks to over the motor... That said. in my case it was the motor and haveing a box of muffin (Computer) fans handy... I upgraded.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
You just pull on the center portion. There is a ring on the inside that fits into grove on motor shaft.
Take center hub with you to get the correct rotation for blade.
Fan blade
I would suggest getting a fan from Radio Shack. Screw it into cross brace. Quieter and moves more air.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
Yes on a older MH. You can find the prop. At CW or other RV parts supply.
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+