cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV manufacturers

Wazzupdock
Explorer
Explorer
Hi I'm in the process of purchasing my first class a motorhome I have been doing a lot of research. I've narrowed down to three manufacturers Winnebago Newmar and Thor. I am curious about if there's any feedback regarding Thor industries and the reliability and serviceability of the Products. Particularly The Ventana and the Ventana LE. Thank you
22 REPLIES 22

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Back 10 years ago when I was thinking new Class A, Newmar and Tiffin were my top two. Both have a reputation for great customer service. It has only been in the past two years I've started to notice a few complaints about Newmar but I don't know if that's indicative of a trend.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

Jq1953
Explorer
Explorer
We owned a Thor product for 9 yrs with no issues. Three years ago we traded for a new Winnebago coach and it seems that there is an issue every time we turn around. Don't know about Newmar, but don't cross off Thor without a close look.

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
You're not comparing apples to apples. You're looking at three different levels (price point) of coach. I would pick the price point you want to be at and look at comparable coaches at that price.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

Marine_By_Choic
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a Vegas 24.1 from a dealer in Michigan while traveling there last May. I have had nothing but good to say about it. I have had ZERO problems.

While you will see many negative comments about the way they are built I WOULD NOT HESITATE TO BE ANOTHER THOR PRODUCT!!! This is my 8th motorhome. From campers, travel trailers, class a, class b and class c. This is the best one so far. Have had Tioga, Flair and Pace Arrow.

Certainly this is not the best on the market. But it makes us happy!

Good luck with whichever coach you choose.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
I'd put in order to look at: Newmar, Winnebago, and a question mark on Thor.

x2
bumpy

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
You're not interested in feedback on Newmar and Winnebago?

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
I'd put in order to look at: Newmar, Winnebago, and a question mark on Thor.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Of the three you listed, Newmar is in a class by itself.