cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Talking in person to RV snowbirds...where do I find any

readytogo94
Explorer
Explorer
I am anxuous to talk to somebody in person or phone about RVing, options, etc. but I cant find any clubs or groups to join to get in touch with real people. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
19 REPLIES 19

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Call me anytime.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Ask away....we'll try to help!

There is also a snowbirding section on this forum so some of your answers might be there. I know there have been some long posts on what you do when you leave your house for a few months, etc., if that would be of interest to you.

As for places to go - some of the most frequented ones are Florida, Alabama, Texas, Arizona and California - the southern parts are the warmest. New Mexico is great but it's higher elevation even in the southern part so it's colder than say, Arizona, right next door. Personally, we like Arizona for the winters.

Tell us what kind of RVing you enjoy - private RV parks or public parks. Do you want bare bones or 'resorts'?
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
It would help if we knew where you are.
United States is kind of ambiguous.
But I am in the United States also so come on over for coffee tomorrow.
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

Moved from ATC

Matt_Colie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ready,

There is no single clearing house for the information you want. Snowbirds (such as they are) typically (generalizations are typically in error) inhabit large Class A coaches and 5th wheel trailers.

I suggest you post some basic questions to those groups and hope you get to understand enough to ask meaningful questions.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.