cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tie backs for front windshield

tearza
Explorer
Explorer
Does anybody know where I can get a set of Tiebacks 18" long x 6" wide, with velcro and screw attachment ability. I need the Tiebacks only and not the curtains...
John,Gloria three Maltese dogs & African grey parrot...
3 REPLIES 3

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Double Post. Sorry.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Look in the drapery dept. at WalMart, etc. They'll be a decorative twisted cord fabric. You'll also find matching hooks for the wall, too.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
With velcro and screw backs... you can get velcro wire wraps in any hardware Lowes home depot and the like they come in a roll like 50 or 100 wraps. Some of those are easily 18 inches long but even if they are smaller.....

These are long strips of velcro, Hooks on one side loops on the other at the end is a slightly larger part with a slot (There may be material still in the slot) you are supposed to stick the small end through the slot and wrap it around a wire then when you coil up the wire you wrap the "Tail" to hold.'

Two of these say 1' long, you run your screw through the slots in them and lay them so they work (one hooks up one loops up) or if they are long enough poke a hole in the middle of the strip and turn the screw through there (or 3/4 or wherever you like.

On my coach the thing came with plastic strips with snaps.. Well the snaps came out of one of the tie-backs.. So i got one of these light hanger clips (The ones with 2 clamps) used to hang awning lights off the awning.

Works great. I locked and glued one side to one of the straps and the other one is way easier to lock on the other half of the strap than the snap is.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times