cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Upsell and Add-ons for New Purchase

DABZ
Explorer
Explorer
I will be buying a 5th wheel soon and was wonder what kinds of services and add ons do the dealerships typically try to add on beforr closing and in your opinions which ones are good or worthless? We will be financing the purchase.
18 REPLIES 18

Dtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
If you do not have one already research the various hitches that are available.
Our Travel Blog

2018 Premier 29RKPR
2014 Ford F-150

APT
Explorer
Explorer
I made a spreadsheet with list of all the extras I wanted when new and have been adding to it as I upgrade/add/customize in the last 5.5 years. Prices tend to be better from anyone but my local dealer, like Walmart/Amazon. Now If I lived nearby RV Wholesalers for example, then I may consider more things at time of purchasing the RV. Often the convenience of bundling a lot of commonly needed things together wins for many buyers. I'm just picky about getting the better examples of each item at fair prices, instead of the typical lower end stuff the dealer pushes.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
We negotiated 2 Max Air vents to be installed for free on my girlfriends used RV among other things. Never hurts to ask (or demand). ๐Ÿ™‚

Don't think the salesman liked me after the negotiations which equals, we got a good deal. :B
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
The two biggies that they try to muscle on to you will be:
>Extended Warranty / Service Plan
>Paint and Upholstery Protection Package

My opinion...turn them down even if they try to scare you to death with their tactics.

Other extras may be worthwhile...
Slide awnings is one that I like...but vigorously negotiate price for all of them.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro