cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do you have to light pilot light?

tcc11tcc
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't used the pilot light yet. Only used the TT once so far. It took a very long time for the refrig to get cool when we turned it on. I will be doing mostly weekend trips.

I thought I would turn on the frig and set the mode to gas the night before I was leaving to get it cool. Question is do you need to light the pilot light for that or is that only for hot water?

I don't have a manual for the camper and thought this would be the quickest way to find out. Thanks!
TCC
Nashville, TN
2007 Jayco Exp 17C
23 REPLIES 23

tcc11tcc
Explorer
Explorer
Just a follow up, there is a pilot light on my TT for the oven and the hot water heater.
TCC
Nashville, TN
2007 Jayco Exp 17C

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
Allworth wrote:
The only pilot light on any 2007 should be in the oven.

FALSE...Many WH have pilot lights unless I have the only one, which I doubt
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

tcc11tcc
Explorer
Explorer
Ok thank you! I am so excited for the weekend!
TCC
Nashville, TN
2007 Jayco Exp 17C

beckid
Explorer
Explorer
Someone already mentioned...light a stove burner - that almost always gets the air out of the line and the fridge will then light on gas.
Me '54
Him '58
Rain the Awesome Aussie
Maggie the wonderdog over the RB 4/16
2008 Fleetwood Fiesta LX 34N

tcc11tcc
Explorer
Explorer
hermandutchman wrote:
It probably means fail. Sometimes you have to try several times to get the air out of the line.

Try what several times?

I am downloading the manual. 🙂
TCC
Nashville, TN
2007 Jayco Exp 17C

hermandutchman
Explorer
Explorer
It probably means fail. Sometimes you have to try several times to get the air out of the line.

tcc11tcc
Explorer
Explorer
So last night I turned on the gas and set the mode to Auto. Even tried the gas mode. The display on the frig read "F". What does that mean?

I thought maybe it meant Fail so I turned off the gas and just plugged in the electricity and all was well. I will just unplug when I drive this afternoon and then plug it back in.
TCC
Nashville, TN
2007 Jayco Exp 17C

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Thats_Ok wrote:
Wishbone51 wrote:
My furnace, fridge and water heater on my '00 is DSI... Why can't my oven be? :h

Yessss!
What's up with the "no auto pilot" oven?

It can be changed. I just did it to mine. Bought a universal ignitor for a barbeque.....installed it in the over....drilled hole in faceplate next to knobs on stove front for the push button. Now...hold the oven light button...push the ignitor knob... and instant flame. Kit was about 8.00 @ WalMart.
cpaulsen

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Our 04 dometic fridge is Auto-Gas-AC We leave it on Auto unless we're on 30 amp and want to run several electric items we do the same with the water heater run on electric when on 50 amp and gas on 30 amp.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” Lao Tzu

deleted-2
Explorer
Explorer
Wishbone51 wrote:
My furnace, fridge and water heater on my '00 is DSI... Why can't my oven be? :h

Yessss!
What's up with the "no auto pilot" oven?

Wishbone51
Explorer
Explorer
2017 Jayco Jay Feather 25BH
2004 Nissan Titan

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
I can't imagine that your fridge has a pilot. My '03 doesn't. I don't think anything has for many years except the oven.
Use the gas while driving, that's how it's designed to be used. Some people will tell you not too, don't pay much attention to them.
Your ref. will not use enough propane in a few days to even notice. It would probably run for a month or more on one 20 pound tank.

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
I can't leave my MH hooked up to electric before leaving because we live in a condo. Last year it was 100 F. so I went to the store and got 3# of dry ice to put in and help cool down. That worked great. Ordinarily ot will take 24 hr. to cool.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
you may have a pilot light for WH, but the oven is almost guaranteed to have one and they can be a bit aggravating to light. You can download Jayco manuals from their website by year and model. I did this although I have the originals, so I have a copy in my laptop. That means I don't have to get off the sofa, to go look at the manual when something comes up on the forum that I want to check on.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS