cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winnebago 27PE Vista or Airstream 25FB

Cobra7
Explorer
Explorer
Generally speaking would Winnebago or Airstream be made with better quality. The two models above are what I’m thinking about buying.
9 REPLIES 9

Diesel_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Having a slide makes a huge difference in space for your rig, and I always liked the idea of unhitching and having your vehicle to explore with than the idea of dinghy towing. The dingy would be superior for a mechanical breakdown though...

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Because I plan to spend not a lot of time in it for the next 20 years. And don't mistake my "not a lot of time in it" statement. We are retired and have it out all of the time. When I say we spend "not a lot of time in it" I mean we are out hiking or touring.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't spend much time in it then why get an AS? Why not something less expensive? Seems like a waste to spend $$$$$ and not be in except to sleep.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
No. DW and I don't spend much time in the TT unless it is bad weather, then we just suck it up. The MH we used to own had a slide, but it didn't block anything when it was in, well except for one mirror. About half the time, we didn't even put the slide out. We don't expect camping to be a relocated version of home life, and enjoy the differences. We have some friends with great big diesel pushers, and wonder WHY? If that is what they want, they could just stay home! Just our opinion.
Bobbo and Lin

Cobra7
Explorer
Explorer
Do you miss the added room of the slide-outs.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our first RV was a Winnebago motorhome. Kept it for 10 years, then decided to downsize, and traded it for an Airstream travel trailer. As far as quality goes, they are equal. However, camping in them is totally different. You have to decide if your camping style leans more to motorhome camping, towing a car behind, or travel trailer camping. When we decided to downsize, we did so because we got tired of the maintenance and expense of 4 engines and drive trains. We had DW's minivan, my pickup truck, the motorhome, and a small SUV to tow behind the motorhome. When we traded we were left with DW's minivan, my pickup truck (had to trade and get one with a tow package), and that was all.
Bobbo and Lin

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
A slide or slides make such a difference with interior space....but no RV looks as good going down the road as an Airstream.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
We went through the Airstream vs. motor home debate when we started looking for our first.Quality wise, I think the Airstream is better than an entry level anything. I wanted an Airstream and an silver Escalade all beefed up to pull it. I even found a custom shop that would put a Cummins in the Escalade. In the end, the finance committee shot the idea down and we ended up with a Safari.

Seeing that we didn't want slides anyway, the Airstream was fine space wise. If you already have something that will pull it, go with the trailer.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
You are trying to compare a MH to a TT...to me that is apples to oranges. Not sure which one has a better build....I know Airstreams are expensive but for me, I really like have slide outs to make it bigger....in case of bad weather. I have never owned either but have heard good about both and see lots of both on the road. I think if you look hard at the cabinets, the details, etc, that might help you. I am not sure, but I would think a MH would be better built because it is a motor vehicle and has to pass certain standards. Let us know what you go with...