cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2013 Ford Focus SE

Red_Cobra_10
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 2013 Ford Focus Sedan w/ manual stick shift. How do you unlock the steering wheel for towing and shut down the dash lights and electrical systems? My old 2001 had a two position switch that allowed one to turn it one position ans the steering wheel would unlock. Any ideas out there?
6 REPLIES 6

Red_Cobra_10
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sorry for the confusion. I do have a 2 position switch such as my old 2001 Focus. So my problems are solved by turning the key to the first position and turning off the radios and radar detector. Thanks for all the reply's.

Red_Cobra_10
Explorer
Explorer
THE ST IS THE 2 LTR. Eco Boost hot rod producing 267 HP. 2.0 Turbo'd.ZOOM ZOOM.I'd like to have it but Momma Sez NOOOO!

hilldude
Explorer
Explorer
Two Hands wrote:
The 2014 Guide to Dingy Towing published by MotorHome magazine reads that all 2014 Focus can be towed four down EXCEPT st and electric. I assume st stands for standard transmission. This is just for 2014, I don't have a guide for 2013. So you better read your owner's manual carefully.
ST is the high performance Focus.

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
The 2014 Guide to Dingy Towing published by MotorHome magazine reads that all 2014 Focus can be towed four down EXCEPT st and electric. I assume st stands for standard transmission. This is just for 2014, I don't have a guide for 2013. So you better read your owner's manual carefully.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Look in your Owners Manual under Recreational Towing!
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

Red_Cobra_10
Explorer
Explorer
Did I say my 2013 FF did not have a two position switch? Possibly disconnection of the battery cables? I don't know?