cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2014 Cherokee first tow today

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Towed today for the first time all went well after I learned that the parking break only turns off after you push the break peddle.(hint to other owners)
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks
39 REPLIES 39

et2
Explorer
Explorer
Well, just picked up our Trailhawk today. Just needs a baseplate and rear light wiring a long with the emergency brake connection for the Brake Buddy. I checked on the Blue Ox site, they still don't have the base plates listed for any Cherokee. But I still have a few months till the snow melts anyway.

It runs great in the snow. Big difference from our Liberty.

wcjeep
Explorer
Explorer
et2 wrote:
BobGed wrote:
Demco and Roadmaster have base plates, but I've read some comments where there might be a problem with the adaptive cruise control working with a Roadmaster baseplate.

I spoke with Blue Ox. By 1/31/14 they will officially have the following available:

Baseplate: Latitude & Limited - BX1135. Trailhawk - BX1136
Both will work with Adaptive Cruise Control.

Tail Light Wiring Kit: All models - BX8848 (available now). This is a diode kit as they found there wasn't enough space in the tail light assembly to install a separate bulb kit.

Thank you. Not interested in the adaptive cruise, I like to be on top of my driving. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Adaptive cruise control is phenomenal. Never leave home without it.

et2
Explorer
Explorer
BobGed wrote:
Demco and Roadmaster have base plates, but I've read some comments where there might be a problem with the adaptive cruise control working with a Roadmaster baseplate.

I spoke with Blue Ox. By 1/31/14 they will officially have the following available:

Tail Light Wiring Kit: All models - BX8848 (available now). This is a diode kit as they found there wasn't enough space in the tail light assembly to install a separate bulb kit.

Thank you. Not interested in the adaptive cruise, I like to be on top of my driving. ๐Ÿ˜‰

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer

2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited

et2
Explorer
Explorer
Any base plates for the trail hawk yet?

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
jergeod wrote:
What do you think of the jeep so far, thinking of the latitude.

I have the Limited with every option possible, I love it, we now have 4400 miles on it including a day trip yesterday of about 300 miles where I got 22-23 with my V6
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

wcjeep
Explorer
Explorer
We went with a loaded Trailhawk. Heated seats and heated steering wheel makes for a happy wife. It's her commuter. No snow yet to test the 4wd. The vehicle drives great. A little different with 9spd transmission. Not bad, just different. Bluetooth works great. Wife likes to stream Pandora. Have not tried the CD player. It comes with one year free satellite radio. All of our music is loaded on nano USB memory.

Steering wheel controls are better than Ford, not as intuitive as my Civic. The adaptive cruise control works really good. Hard to comment on storage. We moved from a minivan to the Cherokee. Key fob remote start has terrific range.

jergeod
Explorer
Explorer
What do you think of the jeep so far, thinking of the latitude.
George & Jerri
USMC VET
Jayco Eagle 339 flqs
upstate NY

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
wcjeep wrote:
Not planning on towing our 2014 Cherokee. Have you downloaded the Uconnect app for remote start by cell phone? Works great with our Samsung Galaxy phones.

I have not but nice to know
2014 Jeep Cherokee

wcjeep
Explorer
Explorer
Not planning on towing our 2014 Cherokee. Have you downloaded the Uconnect app for remote start by cell phone? Works great with our Samsung Galaxy phones.