cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2015 Wrangler Unlimited questions

ljhl
Explorer
Explorer
We're looking at a 2015 Jeep Unlimited with the 3 piece black plastic Freedom tops and would like some input from owners about their satisfaction with the air conditioning system. We live in Houston and travel to some other hotter than heck places and wonder if owners think the a/c is up to the task.
Also, I'd be transferring my Roadmaster Even Brake box from my CRV to the Jeep.....any issues there? Thanks for any info!!
2007 Dutch Star 4023
Subaru Forester Toad
A mutt named Arvee
20 REPLIES 20

Jaxom
Explorer
Explorer
The Freedom top panels are fiberglass. There are insulating panels pre-cut to size and shape that simply adhere to the underside of the roof panels.
The AC and heater work just fine on my '11 2 door.
Jerry
2015 Jayco Seneca 36FK
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 door
2011 R & R 20' Aluminum Enclosed Car Hauler
2007 Montrose 16' Aluminum Flatbed ATV Trailer

Off_Pavement
Explorer II
Explorer II
AC works great in our '13 JKU. Southern Nevada is our home.
The Road To Paradise Is NOT Paved!
Please Support Multiple Use of our Public Lands!

Brian Hoag
www.rv-camping.org
'10 Sunseeker Class C - Gozer II
'13 Jeep JKU (Wrangler) - Billie

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
08 JK, 3 piece top, air conditioner more than adequate, heater also.

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a '13 Unlimited with the 3 piece hard roof. The A/C does a good job keeping it cool inside. That said, with a bare hand against the bottom of the roof top, it is pretty warm, if not hot on a hot summer day. I keep saying I am going to glue some thin insulation (like the aluminized bubble wrap Lowes sells) on the undersides of the panels and the rear cover. Just the flat area, not the support 'beams'.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
double
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 2014 and it was fine. Not the greatest a/c ever, but up to the task. Definitely you want the hard top. Canvas top sends a lot of radiant heat through.
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...