cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2016 Silverado

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Is anyone towing a 2016 Silverado 4x4. Does it have a vacuum booster? Are you having the same problems with disconnecting and connecting the transfer case as those with Colorados?

Thanks

Moisheh
4 REPLIES 4

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
kmrfs: Sorry you did not understand. The Transfer case is electronic. I was referring to the brake booster!

Moisheh

robanddi
Explorer
Explorer
Click on Advanced Search and enter robanddi in the Message Author box. Then read about our problems with our 2015 Yukon Denali.
Robert & Diann
2001 34' Foretravel U270
2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL
Burton TX

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
moisheh wrote:
Is anyone towing a 2016 Silverado 4x4. Does it have a vacuum booster? Are you having the same problems with disconnecting and connecting the transfer case as those with Colorados?

Thanks

Moisheh

are you referring to the use of engine vacuum and the diaphram used like in the old S-10's to engage/disengage 4wd?

If so, NO even as far back as 2004 the silverado did NOT use the vacuum diaphram to engage 4WD, I believe it is electric. Same on my 2015 Silverado.

but the S10, definitely would go through the diaphrams, and if they leaked, no 4WD.

how it affects putting the transfer case in neutral I don't know.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

sprintmod1
Explorer
Explorer
A few months ago, I purchased a 2015 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 crew cab. It does NOT have a vacuum booster. I have a SMI Air Force One and moved it over from my 2013 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4, calling SMI was the answer as they forwarded me a diagram to change the tubes around inside the box, and all is well and works fine. Super excellent customer service!!!!

Remember, the Chevy owners manual is incorrect on wiring the brake control in, they have an improper grounding procedure listed that will NOT work.

The transfer case procedure is more complicated now and requires disconnecting the battery positive cable. I added a battery "kill switch" that makes it easy to disconnect the battery from the driver's seat without ever opening the hood.

Just make sure you have your windows closed before you kill the battery and get yourself a few extra keys!!! We got five keys for our truck now. One gets left in the ignition and one for locking the driver's door once the battery is turned off.

Made a little procedure sheet and stuck it to the back of the visor so wife can follow it correctly every time. If you don't take the extra two minutes to go slowly and follow the sheet, you can have an issue with the transfer case!! Then you will need to start all over again.

So far, couple thousand miles of it being towed, and no issues. Just take your time disconnecting the transfer case!!

Good luck. And its a real nice truck the rest of the time!!
2010 American Coach Revolution 42w; carrying 2014 HD Electra Glide Limited and towing 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD.
Dirt's for racing and asphalt for getting there.
410 Sprint Car's rule!