cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2016 Subaru Forester

Normph
Explorer
Explorer
I'm considering buying a 2016 Subaru Forester to tow behind my motor home. The owners manual doesn't prohibit towing a manual transmission version, however I read in an FMCA magazine that the factory is now not recommending the car for dingy use. Does anyone have any comment or direct experience with the Forester?
Thanx
Norm F

Norm F

5 REPLIES 5

dicknellen
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think the main issue is that non of the 2016 Subaru's are listed as towable by Subaru. Tow at your own risk. Dick

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Normph wrote:
The Forester is a manual trans unit. The problem may have to do with the electric power steering. I believe they switched from hydraulic in 2014.

my 2005 VUE has electric power steering and it is towable 4 down.
bumpy

Normph
Explorer
Explorer
The Forester is a manual trans unit. The problem may have to do with the electric power steering. I believe they switched from hydraulic in 2014.
Norm F

Norm F

LetsRV
Explorer
Explorer
Most likely this is NOT towable four-down (unless it is manual trans). Subaru (and Honda) went to a CVT auto transmission in 2014 or 2015 and these are not towable.

My 2014 Honda CRV is the last Honda auot trans that is towable. Had a Subaru Forester prior and went with Honda when I couldn't get an automatic Forester to work four-down.
Due to depreciation the above opinions are now worth less than what you paid for them.

We are all good at something.....
I just happen to be a good bad example.

2016 Forest River Forester 3011DSF

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
exactly what does the owner's manual say under either "towing behind a motorhome" or recreational towing? if the mfr. does "not recommend" towing it, are you still going to consider doing it?
bumpy