cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ac leak

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
hey everyone, last time we were out my AC ran A LOT. it leaked inside over night the one night. figured it needed the drip tray cleaned so I did that this weekend. didn't appear to be blocked any and it didn't have the normal pin holes for drainage but a chute to the side.

cleaned it out anyway.

if it starts up again what should I check next?

think its just freezing up? dicore all looked good.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....
6 REPLIES 6

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
drip tray is clear and discharges out both sides (not through little pin holes) though the trailer was level, bolts are snug. it was humid as can be. did a quick clean, will get a more in depth cleaning and a filter change at the end of the season. Thanks all.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
When was the last time you snugged up the four mounting bolts?
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
How level was the RV ? If it was leaning to the side opposite of the "Chute" it may have simply overloaded the drip pan because it was working so hard.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
You need to verify that the drip tray tube is clear.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
When was the last time you cleaned the filters on the inside?

What happens
The fliters clog the blower creates a vacuum in front (And behind) the Condenser that is strong enough to Suck the water out of the drip tray.

Then it drips
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you use it where you have high humidity run the fan on high to avoid freezing it up (the coils). If you drop the inside panel you should see 4 bolts 1 in each corner. these need to be snug Don't over tighten. The A/C sits on a foam gasket that you don't want to crush this is what keeps the water out from the roof. You should be able to see it when you drop the inside panel. These 4 bolts need to be snugged or checked every once in a while.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH