cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AC Loud, Inside, Whats the Difference?

thirtydaZe
Nomad
Nomad
We just traded our TT 2 weeks ago tomorrow, and hav been on the road ever since.

So sitting here comparing, like we do (our tt was very nice, and we made a lateral move to a larger FW with a bunk for our son), its obvious the ac's in this unit are loud. I had one added to our bedroom, so i expected that, but even the "whole house" ac that the camper came with is way loud compared to the TT. Nice and quiet outside though.

Anyhow, just curious the difference between the two. What gives? This is one area where it feels a bit downgraded....
2019 Jayco Eagle HT 324BHTS
2024 Ram 2500 68RFE
5 REPLIES 5

thirtydaZe
Nomad
Nomad
Our new and previous acs are about similar placement in the rear. On the new camper they are near silent outside, but loud inside. Ill have to check the manufacturer. The vents are closed as to acticate the central air in the camper.
2019 Jayco Eagle HT 324BHTS
2024 Ram 2500 68RFE

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
We can turn Top Gun on buckle up and start the rear ac. Sounds like an F14 spooling up.

derouen6
Explorer
Explorer
The 2 ACs on our new Excursion are beyond loud. Can easily hear them from 30-40 yards away. The ACs on our Tropi-Cal were nearly silent. Maybe that is why I find these new ones so loud. No , they are really loud!!

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
mine is placement that got us on loudness. old 5th wheel had AC in back of unit and new toyhauler has AC smack in the middle of the living room...right near the tv area. sucks. I didn't realize how much I loved the back AC unit cause the noise was away from the main area.

the AC in the master is horrible but hubby loves it cause the noise lulls him in sleep and it drives me nuts 🙂

might be time for me to go back to a tent---NAH, heck I will handle the ACs 🙂 🙂

be interesting to read what others say on it

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Not knowing what model ACs you are comparing, will make it hard to get any answers.

If the quick cool vent is open, below the main unit, it will be louder. The four bolts may need to be snugged up a little, but not tight.

Jerry