Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Another tire thread

TravelinDog
Explorer
Explorer
Some background first.
Trailer only used about 3-4 weeks out of the year and maybe 2500 miles tops.
When I bought it it had stock C load rated tires that looked like new. I had 2 blow-outs on the first trip. I started replacing them with D load rating tires but I find they don't hold up any better. The trailer only weighs in at about 7500lbs fully loaded. I had the spare rupture while it was not even mounted and this is the second one that has done that.
I've had Carlisle, Towmaster, Vanguard and Commadore brand tires. None seem to last very long but they always seem to last just beyond the 3 year warranty. I always keep tires inflated to max which is 65psi.
I bought a new tire last week, this time it is a Goodyear Marathon tire. I looked at a new Carlisle but they seem to have been cheapened up considerably.
I'll have to wait and see how the Goodyear holds up.
You guys have the same type of tire life from your ST tires?
Just say no to the payload police :C
21 REPLIES 21

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
eHoefler wrote:
I don't run ST tires anymore on any of my trailers. I run LTs on all of my trailers except the fifth wheel, it has MTs.

How does that help someone that can't fit LT tires under their trailer?

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
eHoefler wrote:
I don't run ST tires anymore on any of my trailers. I run LTs on all of my trailers except the fifth wheel, it has MTs.

What are MTs?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
OP, guessing your trailer is outside year round? Thatโ€™s what happens in the desert sun. Been there done that. Tires and batteries donโ€™t last as long.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
twodownzero wrote:
I highly doubt you'll have any better luck from a Chinese tire with a fancy brand name than you had from the other one. They are all **** and suffer from the same problem--quality control.
Or not.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
New Marathon???? Check the sidewall date code.

Marathon is obsolete, replaced with US made and speed rated Endurance.

twodownzero
Explorer
Explorer
I highly doubt you'll have any better luck from a Chinese tire with a fancy brand name than you had from the other one. They are all **** and suffer from the same problem--quality control.