cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

any FALR specs for 2004 Dodge Ram 2500?

eb145
Explorer
Explorer
For proper WDH setup, the Front Axle Load Restoration (FALR) that is required or recommended varies by TV manufacturer, model and year. I have not been able to find any Dodge recommendations for FALR when setting up a WDH system. FALR requirements from other truck manufacturers seem to vary from 100% to 50% and is a heated discussion topic sometimes.

My 2004 Dodge RAM 2500 4x4 Owners Manual includes specifications for when a WDH system is required but it never addresses FALR.

Does anyone have information from Dodge about FALR guidelines for a 2004 Dodge RAM 2500?

Maybe Dodge deliberately doesn't specify or recommend FALR, because Dodge believes the FALR should be left to the manufacturer of the WDH system to specify.

Anyway I have been looking for FALR recommendations published by Dodge for over a year and have never found any.

Thanks,
Ed
1 REPLY 1

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
While I've never heard of that spec I can tell you that the front end is so stiff that it's nearly impossible to force it downward with a WDH very much.
I was able to get it down nearly 1/4" but found it was too much and made the handling squirly when descending hills.
I still have a good amount of tension on my 1200# bars and the front drops about 1/16". It's a HD truck and is meant to carry the weight in the bed and not so much on the front axle like some lighter vehicles have to do.