cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone ever use one of these

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wife showed me a video of filling 1lb propane tanks using an adapter like this.

Propane Adapter

Anyone use one of these? Does it work as advertised?

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS
6 REPLIES 6

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
ktmrfs wrote:
Not the one posted but I do have true refillable 1lb propane bottles. they have an allen head on the vent valve and use a screw on head hooked to a 5 gallon tank turned upside down. easy to fill and don't need to chill, just fill till it spits out the vent and I check for weight as well.

I have refilled the disposables, when filling I use a set of forceps to pull up on the vent valve till it spits, no need to stick in freezer that way. but eventually I've had the disposables leak.

I bought 4 of the refillibles and the refill kit with refill rig, stand and one refillable. I got them a couple years ago on sale through Home Depot on line with free shipping to the local store. They pay for themselves in no time with less than 80ยข per refill. I think the reason they were on sale is that they were all halfway to their expiration date, but I will be the one refilling them anyway so expy date doesn't really matter. I also have 6 & 11 lb cylinders I use with the table top grill and an outdoor oven.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
Not the one posted but I do have true refillable 1lb propane bottles. they have an allen head on the vent valve and use a screw on head hooked to a 5 gallon tank turned upside down. easy to fill and don't need to chill, just fill till it spits out the vent and I check for weight as well.

I have refilled the disposables, when filling I use a set of forceps to pull up on the vent valve till it spits, no need to stick in freezer that way. but eventually I've had the disposables leak.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

GTO66
Explorer II
Explorer II
I refill mine, but check them for leaks after filling I've had a few leak.

EV2
Explorer
Explorer
Works well, precool small bottles in freezer and you get pretty close to a full refill.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Patience before reposting...more than less than a minute. A five pound is much more practical.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
A little off topic but we went with a 5 lb. refillable cylinder.
Easy to store, easy to carry, very versatile, lasts a long time.

5 lb. cylinder LINK

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro