cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

blue ox tow bar

Bill-R
Explorer
Explorer
I sent Blue Ox a e-mail with my serial number from my tow bar and asked for information on it, as I bought it used. I was told what model it was but got no other information on it. They asked how many miles it had towed a vehicle. I did not know since I bought it used. I was told the service mileage on the tow bar was 75,000 to 100,000 miles. My question is has any one have that many miles on their tow bar and have you had any problems with it? The model is BX7335 Aventa II
Bill Roop
1989 36'ft DP Executive
1 REPLY 1

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
Bill-R wrote:
I sent Blue Ox a e-mail with my serial number from my tow bar and asked for information on it, as I bought it used. I was told what model it was but got no other information on it. They asked how many miles it had towed a vehicle. I did not know since I bought it used. I was told the service mileage on the tow bar was 75,000 to 100,000 miles. My question is has any one have that many miles on their tow bar and have you had any problems with it? The model is BX7335 Aventa II

Well Sir,
We just acquired a used Blue Ox Aventa II also. The problem was, one of the arms was bent which, is why we got it for next to nothing. Well, long story short, I tore that tow bar completely apart, down to the last nut, bolt and roll pin. I had to heat the one bent arm and tweak it just a few degrees. It's all better now. I had to weld up some ground-down extension arm pivots because the tow bar broke away from the toad and part of it was drug on the ground for a bit.

Finally, I purchased a shim kit from a local Hitch place. I delivered all the parts that could coated, to a powder coating out fit here in town. Got those back after about 2 weeks. I then re-assembled it. It's now maybe even better than new. I've had those style of tow bars apart before so, this was simple to me.

Anyway, it's all better and, ready to be hooked to the front of our '11 GMC Sierra 4x4 Extended cab 1500.
Scott

Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND