cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Buying New Class A - Purchase Local or Thru RV Wholesaler??

OswaltHut
Explorer
Explorer
Rookie on the net here contemplating the purchase of a new Class A, custom-ordered just the way I want from one of the major super wholesalers like RV One Superstores or Wholesale RV Club, etc. Like to hear feedback, both positive & negative, from others who have gone this route. So far, my local dealers aren't even on the same planet with respect to pricing! If they were only a few percent apart, I'd say maybe... But can anybody tell me why I should pay a local dealer well over $90K, when it appears I can get the very same coach custom-ordered for less than $78K from one of the big wholesalers (with no quibling)? Local dealers don't seem to want to budge on pricing, so that seems like way too much extra to pay just to get a little preferential treatment in the service line. What am I missing here?? Thanks in advance for any advice!
17 REPLIES 17

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
You need to spend lots of time looking. Prices do vary depending on the add ons. I don't mind driving. However, RVs are not like cars. It is difficult to get warranty service at other dealerships. I travel and buy but keep that in kind. If I had major problems I would drive back to the factory. Some people don't want that hassle. For me it is worth it to save $10k. I have also found you can get good buys on RVs in the lots. They have to move them. Don't he afraid to walk if the price is high.

ugh
Explorer
Explorer
Don't worry about supporting local business if you can get the exact same thing and save tens of thousands. Just make sure you have one or more places nearby to get it serviced when needed.
---------------------------------
2001 F250 5.4 3.73
2015 Wildwood X-Lite 262BHXL

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
I've ordered two new motorhomes from dealers and wished I hadn't both times. Neither provided any kind of before or after sale support. I would not hesitate to buy from the cheapest source I could. There are many here who would say, what about support, when you don't buy local. In my case there was no support.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S