cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camco RV vent covers

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I'm tired of replacing vent lids from sun damage, so finally getting some covers. While I know many of you recommend the MaxxAir covers, I liked the idea of the Camcos opening up in the rear for vent screen cleaning. I didn't want/need the much larger MaxxAir 2s, that tip up. Since ordering the Camco covers, I've read that they do not last long in the sun. I'm sure other members have actual experience. Anyone care to give a review of their experience?

Jerry

18 REPLIES 18

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
My previous RV had the covers you are considering. I sold it at 10 years old and the covers were still working like the day they were new.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Luv_Campin
Explorer
Explorer
I’ve had a camco for several years and it has been fine.
2007 Ford F150
2012 Keystone Summerland 2100RB
one bossy dachsund
1 short wife and 1 short dog

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
I installed this unit last May. Used RV cover for winter, removed it two weeks ago. The vent cover is still white but the removable screened rear panel looks like somebody peed on it and left it in the sun in Utah! Can't stand the color. Gonna have to get some white plastic paint for it ;( It yellowed last summer and its gotten too annoying to me on my one year old camper.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had an older style Camco that opened from the front for cleaning. It lasted 2 seasons and fell apart. I am trying one like your picture now. My other 2 are Maxx Air and have lasted a long time but are cracking at the bolt holes so it won't be long. Our sun is tough on plastics.