cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camp Closures in New Hampshire

medrecruiterusa
Explorer
Explorer
As Columbus Day weekend approaches and New England fall foliage reaches its peak, the U.S. Forest Service has decreed that 22 privately run campgrounds in New Hampshireโ€™s White Mountain National Forest will have to close because of the government shutdown.
6 REPLIES 6

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
I have closed this thread until I can look at it more closely later this evening.

Dick
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Why should the Govt shut down these CG's? They are not staffed with Govt workers but managed by private companies. Pro Sports manages the White Mtn NF CG's in NH.

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
That is a shame. Now the private cgs are losing income. I bet the govt. gives them back income for their closure? yea, right! ๐Ÿ™‚

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
And while our National Parks and National Forests are closed to US citizens the NPS has given permission to this group http://octoberimmigration.org/credentials/ to hold a rally on our National Mall.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

Vulcaneer
Explorer
Explorer
There are still plenty of private commercial campgrounds that are fully operational. Not to mention the state parks.
'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2015 DRV 38RSS 'Traditions'
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Retirement = It's all poops and giggles....UNTIL someone Giggles and Poops.

ontheroad101
Explorer
Explorer
What a shame. The Fall colors are so super at this time of the year.
Super Wife Linda, me Bob &
(Blazer & Lilly's ashes on board)
2014 Forester Class C, our Blog http://www.bobandlindasrvtravels.blogspot.com/

Sea Eagle Fishermen & Kayak