cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

camping since the 40's

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
that's right the 40's. back then it was in tents and bought my first trailer in the 60's. we went camping with my daughter and her family this last weekend. they bought their first trailer two weeks ago. they sure had a lot of questions on how to do stuff, and I had answers. It made me feel good knowing that we did something right taking our kids camping when they were young. today I put a dometic 320 toilet into our trailer. no leaks either. I just wanted a taller seat.
15 REPLIES 15

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
As one who has also been camping/RV'ing since the early 40's, I agree completely on taking our kids camping as well. One of our two daughters is in the final stages of overhauling a retro TT in time for a Labor Day week state park trip with us, and our other daughter is a prolific hiker and tent camper who will also be with us on the trip.

When I was a teenager, my parents liked to embarrass me by telling friends that I started camping 9 months before I was born when I left on a camping trip with my father, and came home with my mother... ๐Ÿ˜‰
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate