cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Disney Workamping

Linuspond
Explorer
Explorer
I am new to RVing and learning more about the concept of Workamping, I saw on youtube that you can workamp at Disney World. Does anyone know how to find and apply to these positions? If there a website? Do you need experience? Any info can help!

Thanks!!!!
12 REPLIES 12

Sez_Hoo_
Explorer
Explorer
I seriously doubt that the surrounding parks are that much lower in price than Fort wilderness where its going to make that big of difference. When I go to Fort Wilderness I pay about $68 a night for their basic full hookup site
Steven
USCG EMC Ret.
Lilly Pi
1998 Country Coach Intrigue
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
Sez Hoo! wrote:
What good are the perks if you are paying top dollar for a place to park your rig?

That is why it was said that most are not at Fort Wilderness but at other parks where the rates are lower
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

Sez_Hoo_
Explorer
Explorer
What good are the perks if you are paying top dollar for a place to park your rig?
Steven
USCG EMC Ret.
Lilly Pi

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
It seems that a lot of people that work there are in it more for the perks then the wage. Discounts and park admission being the main perk, plus they really enjoy Disney.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

Sez_Hoo_
Explorer
Explorer
In Florida you go to the casting office in Downtown Disney. You apply for the job. If they are interested you'll hear from them in about 30 day. Then you have to go back for a face to face interview. As was stated earlier you are not a workamper. You are a Cast Member(employee). Where you set up your RV is on you.
Steven
USCG EMC Ret.
Lilly Pi

brookside
Explorer
Explorer
Workamping is working while living in your RV and doesn't have to include an rv site in the deal. If one googles, there are numerous articles on workamping with Disney. I have read many posts and it seems people either really like it or don't like it at all with the hours being cut one of the major complaints. I would not, from what I have read, consider it a money making deal but more a break even. If you love Disney, it is probably worth it but being a guest compared to a cast member is going to be a lot different.
Cathy, Alfred, and Andrew.
Appreciating each day

Nolan
Explorer
Explorer
You don't workamp for them. You have to find your own campsite and pay for it. You are an employee. Have some friends how have worked for the mouse in Florida over eight years. They love it. They do take a few months off in the summer to travel in their MH.

I don't know how you apply for a job but you can PM me and I'll ask my friends, to get the info.

AdirondackJack
Explorer
Explorer
An interesting article about Disney, RVers, and Workamping on Workamping(dot)Com at http://www.workamper.com/workampernews/TWNJournal.cfm?JournalID=4
2011 Excel 30RSO, 32', 3 slides, 4-Season 5th Wheel
2011 Ford F-250 XLT Super Duty, 6.2L V8, 385hp

Exploring & writing about life along the Snowbird RV Routes

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
what helperzack said.
You work for the mouse and get a paycheck
then
you pay for your campsite at a campground.
You may see Disney jobs in Workcamping information but there is no trading work at Disney for a campsite.
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Linuspond wrote:
I am new to RVing and learning more about the concept of Workamping, I saw on youtube that you can workamp at Disney World. Does anyone know how to find and apply to these positions? If there a website? Do you need experience? Any info can help!

Thanks!!!!

Goggle "Working at Disney World."

It will show you an number of sites about working there. Some good, some bad.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

helperzack
Explorer
Explorer
I have not heard of anyone work camping at Ft. Wilderness. This does not mean that they don't do it.

I have met people at campgrounds around Disney who "work for the Mouse."
One couple was from Canada and have come down during season every year for the past 11 years. The one complaint that they were voicing was the cut in hours over the last couple of years. It's not work camping, just working at Disney and living at a RV park.

Good luck.
Coachmen Mirada 310DS named "The Corporate Headquarters."
When camping I just tell clients that I am working at "Corporate Headquarters"

I have been going there for a long time... I also know some folks down that way and have never heard of them allowing Workcamping . . .??
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet