cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Don't let your guard down, Covid is still out there...

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
We {my bride and I} and our best friends have been very proactive in dealing with the Covid pandemic. We all got our shots and boosters in a timely manner, have by in large self isolated and always wore masks when we did venture out into public. They came for a brief visit to retrieve his Rzr SXS and trailer from our house as I had evacuated it a couple of weeks ago to get it out of the path of the Calf Canyon Fire that threatened their home IN Angel Fire NM.

They arrived on Thursday afternoon and returned home on Saturday morning. They spent Sunday prepping for a planned camping trip with their new Lance TT and left Angel Fire Monday morning for a 4 day trip. By Tuesday Sherry had serious Covid symptoms and three days later Paul had them as well and they both tested positive for Covid 19. They are in their mid 60's and in excellent physical condition.

Our best guess is that Sherry was infected somewhere between our house {in Payson AZ} and Angel Fire as it was 4 days later her symptoms kicked in. They of course notified us immediately and as my bride was going into day 2 of serious headache we tested her and happily it was a solid negative result. My bride is at extremely high risk due a number of health issues so we are and always have been very cautious.

After all of this time dealing with Covid it is easy for folks to become complacent but you do so at potentially great risk. Sherry is recovering nicely but Paul is having a rough go of it. He got the anti Covid pills and an oxygen meter and hopefully will be feeling much better soon. Be careful out there folks...
43 REPLIES 43

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
fj12ryder wrote:
Guess those Covid vaccinations and boosters really work. ๐Ÿ™‚

Remember "Get vaccinated get PROTECTED" ?????? What a bunch of Barbra Streisand.

I know more people that are 100% vaccinated that have gotten Covid. No less severe than the unvaccinated.

It does not matter one lick if ya get a shot or not. You have "prolonged" exposure and you will most likely get it it's that simple.

this thread will be closed shortly so get your opinions in!!!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
bob_nestor wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:

Laughing - I don't get flu shots and have avoided the COVID shots and boosters, masks and camped with friends who had and recovered from COVID. I finally did catch something that appeared to be COVID, but took two hits of Ivermectin and was back on my feet within a few days. It will never be eliminated since it crosses animal species, so we either need to learn to live with it or curl up under the bedcovers and die.

I knew someone who took Ivermectin and she died on a ventelator.

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Science gave us the atom bomb. And, science played a big part in the production of lots of Toyotas. Believing it is optional. Personally, I prefer to error on the side that makes the most sense. That's why I like vector analysis. Periodically replacing the air filter on my engines, and on my face, makes sense.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
fj12ryder wrote:

Actually theyโ€™ve proven they really do work, and quite well at that.

Lots of folks donโ€™t know, or care to know maybe, that no vaccine is meant to make you โ€˜bug proofโ€™, itโ€™s only intended to prepare you for being infected by getting your immune system to start producing its own defences in advance.

Most โ€˜bugsโ€™ can reproduce way faster than your body can produce defensive stuff needed to successfully fight them off.

Thatโ€™s why theyโ€™ve had โ€˜flu shotsโ€™ for decades now, and why they work better some years than others depending on picking the right oncoming strain.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
So three weeks ago I go into the hospital to have a heart cath and the next day I come down with chills, severe congestion, feel like warmed over death. Lasts about two weeks. Took two Covid tests and was negative both times. 68 yo, heart issues, COPD, and a few other old guy related complications. I can see how people with severe lung issues could be in trouble with flu, COVID, severe cold, pneumonia. Plenty of viruses, etc that can cause us harm. Do what you think you need to do.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
And here I thought it was over!

I never worried through the entire thing. Went to work everyday, traveled, lived and had fun. I worry when I say I need to worry!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Happy you are so lucky, Bob.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
bob_nestor wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:

Laughing - I don't get flu shots and have avoided the COVID shots and boosters, masks and camped with friends who had and recovered from COVID. I finally did catch something that appeared to be COVID, but took two hits of Ivermectin and was back on my feet within a few days. It will never be eliminated since it crosses animal species, so we either need to learn to live with it or curl up under the bedcovers and die.

X2
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
cbshoestring wrote:
I have worked through the pandemic. Traveling to many "hot spots" early on when it dominated the news.

No shot, no booster, no covid.

Slightly over 2 yrs, I have yet to see a truck stop, rest area, or scale house that has offered testing or shots.

I guess the ESSENTIAL workers are now expendable, since the world no longer thinks they need us.

I hope your friend feels better soon.

X2
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
I have worked through the pandemic. Traveling to many "hot spots" early on when it dominated the news.

No shot, no booster, no covid.

Slightly over 2 yrs, I have yet to see a truck stop, rest area, or scale house that has offered testing or shots.

I guess the ESSENTIAL workers are now expendable, since the world no longer thinks they need us.

I hope your friend feels better soon.

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
fj12ryder wrote:

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
to each their own, Cap. we prefer to live in and interact with the world. we both have our shots but are otherwise not afraid to eat out, go to movies (as soon as there is something worth seeing), shopping, etc. there are a lot of bugs out there beside Covid that can make you ill. we hope those of you who are sick recover quickly.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hoping for a full recovery for all. I'm shot twice, boosted twice and I wear my mask when in public.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad