cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

duel 3" sewer connections using a Sewer Solution?

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

We fulltime and for years have used a Sewer Solution when we have FHU's. We are waiting on delivery of our new Toy Hauler which has two 3" sewer connection (3" sewer/gray water & 3" second gray water tank). I would like to contuine to use the Sewer Solution for FHU's anyone connected two of these together using maybe a pvc wye ("Y") connection? I don't care to go back to using 3" stinky slinky.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon
3 REPLIES 3

martipr
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same set up. 1" PVC fittings fit the Sewer Solution so I made a "Y" connector from PVC with a standard water hose fitting connected to the dump end fitting, put the sewer solution on the black/grey dump, installed a 3" cap with a hose fitting on the other gray tank dump and run a standard water hose from it to the "Y". When I start to dump the black I disconnect the hose at the "Y" and cap the "Y" to eliminate the chance of black water entering the gray hose/tank.
Works like a champ.
Old Navy Chief (AOC) Retired Aircraft Mechanic/Inspector
2007 29' 27FBV Trail Bay V Series
2015 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins Diesel
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
The elbow connector on the discharge end of the Sewer Solution hose fits 1" PVC pipe fittings, so it certainly is possible to make up a wye type connector for two Sewer Solutions. Hershey is correct that a Sewer Solution is not needed for gray water, which has no large solids and will drain easily by gravity. A 3" cap with a garden hose connection would work fine for gray water.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450๐Ÿ™‚

hershey
Explorer
Explorer
I have not had to deal with your setup but I do use the Sewer Solution. I would think you would need two sewer solutions on the black tank drains and just a simple gravity hose to the gray water drain.
I'm guessing that it would be easier to just drain each hose one at a time rather than trying to retrofit a T or T's. You probably only need to drain the blacks once in a couple weeks, takes me three weeks but you would need to have a continuous flow from the gray tank.
hershey - albuquerque, nm
Someday Finally Got Here
My wife does all the driving - I just get to hold the steering wheel.
Face Book Group: All About RVing and We Fly RC's
Expedition - Chevy Equinox