Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HR-V Honda IS towable (FW drive only)

ccchuck
Explorer
Explorer
from the owner's manual:

"Emergency Towing
Call a professional towing service if you need to tow your vehicle.
All models
Flat bed equipment: The operator loads your vehicle on the back of a truck. This is
the best way to transport your vehicle.
2WD models
Wheel lift equipment: The tow truck uses two pivoting arms that go under the front
tires and lift them off the ground. The rear tires remain on the ground. This is an
acceptable way to tow your vehicle.
Trying to lift or tow your vehicle by the bumpers will cause serious damage. The
bumpers are not designed to support the vehicleโ€™s weight.
Improper towing such as towing behind a motorhome or other motor vehicle can
damage the transmission."

No difference is stated between CVT models and manual transmission models.
update: THE 6 SP MANUAL MANUAL SAYS TOWABLE!
RVing since '74..
11 REPLIES 11

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
That is good to see. We need more dinghy choices, not fewer.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

ccchuck
Explorer
Explorer

well guess what... ๐Ÿ™‚
RVing since '74..

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
The reason the HRV is not towable is it uses the same CVT transmission as the 2015 Honda Fit. No Honda vehicle with a CVT transmission is four down towable. It is towable on a dolly.

It is my understanding that the HRV is not available in AWD at this time. I do know that the European version HRV is available as AWD using the old Honda Element driveline. A friend that works at Honda of America mentioned that this model HRV might be made available in Canada in the next couple of years.

Oldme
Explorer
Explorer
"Wheel lift equipment: The tow truck uses two pivoting arms that go under the front tires and lift them off the ground. The rear tires remain on the ground. This is an acceptable way to tow your vehicle."

Seem they are saying dolly is fine.

gafidler
Explorer
Explorer
my 2011 Honda CRV will out last me, never need another dinghy .

Bill_Diana
Explorer
Explorer
gasser9 wrote:
NO 2015 Hondas are towable, according to Honda!!!!
They ruined their transmission design.

X2

gasser9
Explorer
Explorer
NO 2015 Hondas are towable, according to Honda!!!!
They ruined their transmission design.

ccchuck
Explorer
Explorer
moisheh wrote:
But what does it say for dinghy towing? Your info was for an emergency tow. Totally different.

Moisheh

Well I really thought that this sentence, "Improper towing such as towing behind a motorhome or other motor vehicle can
damage the transmission," answered that, in that it seems to say that towing behind a motorhome is improper and offers no way to make such an arrangement proper.

No other information is offered.
RVing since '74..

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
moisheh wrote:
But what does it say for dinghy towing? Your info was for an emergency tow. Totally different.

Moisheh

dinghy towing would be much more restrictive, IMHO.
IIRC emergency tow can be something like 10 miles at less than 10 mph or somesuch.
bumpy

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer

Moisheh

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
do they have/discuss a 4wd or AWD model?
bumpy