cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is there any brush you can clean slide out from ground ?

woodman1
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for brush or instructions to make one.
22 REPLIES 22

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have a look in the paint dept. Extending pole, much better than the stuff RV suppliers have, & adjustable brush holder that fits it for reaching high places.

Is there any reason why you cannot use a ladder or, better still, get up on the roof & wash from up there? The roof is as stable as the floor inside.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
One of my friends bought a slide-topper broom, kind of like a gutter broom with bigger offset and broom handle. Something he found on Amazon for about $30.

He found that he couldn't really control it from the ground, eventually bought covers.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

oldcat1
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with DutchmanSport. I feel the only way you can be sure you won't "suck in" a small branch, pine cone, etc. that may damage a seal is a visual inspection. That being said, I have often wondered about the practice of using a piece of carpet, with a rope on each side to "scrub" the slide top with a back and forth motion. If anybody has done this and then visually checked it's effectiveness over time please chime in.

Hope this does not become a slide topper vs. non topper discussion. Safe travels.
2013 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0
2014 Surveyor Sport 220RBS

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
There is in fact a product (over priced) sold for sweeping off the slide topper from the ground

If you want to home brew I would start with a common push broom lay a couple of 1x3s up about a foot,,angle it slightly (1 foot one one end perhaps 10 inches on the other or 8 Angle to match your roof

Another 1x out to your broom handle, which is also a 1x

Hing the handle to theflat top so you you can fold it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I think the OP is looking for a broom he can clean the top of the slide off with while standing on the ground. If this is the case, he'd need a telescoping broom in 2 parts. In the middle would be a hinge so the broom could be angled at a 90 degree angle. Each arm of the angle would have to have a telescoping feature so he can simply reach over the top of the slide and brush off the top. In other words, the wand would like like this:
_______
|.........m
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

The little "m" above is the actual brush, probably on a pivot also. This way he can stand on the ground and simply brush off the roof. They make gutter cleaners for houses similar to this, but the arm over the gutter is very short.

I wish I could find something like this too. I carry a step ladder with me all the time and use a telescoping painter's wand with one of those soft RV brushes to brush off my slides.

The only down-side to using something like this, is, from the ground you really cannot see what is actually on top of the slide-out. Standing on a ladder, I can see everything. I brush mine off completely before retracting slides.

Still, I think this is what the OP is looking for.

mdamerell
Explorer
Explorer
I was at Aldi's one day and found a broom with a long telescoping handle and a tilting head cut in a V. Similar to this Broom
2012 Sundance 3100RB w/Reese Goose Box
2004 Ford F350 6.0 L PSD, CC, DRW, long bed, B&W drop ball hitch, Firestone Ride-rite air bags.

Mfan
Explorer
Explorer
I assume you mean for the roof? I use parts from ungercleaning.com

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Home depot sells them in the cleaning department with a telescoping handle. Can get them from 10 to like 30 feet.
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie