cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Love Those Fuel Loyalty Cards and CC Cash Back

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Kroger/Frys fuel purchase: $1.00 off on 35 gallons plus $0.50 off on another 35 gallons, at the lowest prices in the area. And then 5% monthly cash back on my credit card. Whatโ€™s not to love about that?
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob
6 REPLIES 6

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes those that don't watch it pay for my reduced costs! As in buy it today and pay sometime down the road.

Bob

DanNJanice
Explorer
Explorer
Watch it!
Companies don't create these "gifts" because they are nice guys. They do it because there is some catch, where a consumer who does not read the fine print ends up paying more than the gift is worth.
Airline credit cards with high interest rates and annual fees are a good example, so are most "big bank" cash back credit cards. If you don't pay these cards off in full every month and cancel them before the annual fees kick in, you are probably losing money.
2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 F250 PSD

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes 2X gift cards are great and we get them for HD, Lowes etc. Plus our antennas really go up when they have 4X cards which we purchase at the holidays for the GCs. All charged on our cash back CCs of course.

Typically when we ask the store about points for alcohol their eyes glaze over...

Bob

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, that Kroger deal is great. When we are in Yuma, AZ. for the winter, Fry's will sometimes have a weekend where you get 4 X the points on gift card purchases. So we get some for Appleby's. Also in Arizona at the Yuma Fry's beer and alcohol purchases also add on to the points. Haven't seen that in other states, sure works for us.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
It's a good program

1 fuel point per $1 spent......1000 fuels points for $1 off per gallon

Buy a Gift Card and 2X the points......$25 Gift Card/50 points

Also can take a weekly survey and get 50 points.

4 surveys-----200 points
4 $100 Gift Cards.....800 points
1000 points for only $400

And they also run 'specials' on summer weekends.......4X the points

Our local Fry's Diesel is $2.15/gallon. ($1.15 w/discount!!)
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Go_Dogs
Explorer
Explorer
Yup, I always try to stretch my dollars. I use Mr. Rebates for online purchases, too.