cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Macerator pump systems

drillking
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone use or have used a macerator pump system on your RV sewage outlet? I am considering going that route.
Sheridan & Barb
2014 Lifestyle LS37CKSL
2013 F350 Lariat 6.7 DRW
"On our way to the Gloryland with scenic stops along the way"!
18 REPLIES 18

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a portable macerator pump at West Marine. As expensive as boat items are, they actually where lower cost than a RV supply store for a macerator pump.. I already had a 12 volt relay on my water pump, and would unplug my water pump to plug in the macerator pump, and control it with the fresh water pump control. I would use about 50' of clear plastic 1" ID tubing. The larger tubing, the quicker you can dump.

If you consider 1/4" diameter as a value of 1, then 1/2" diameter has a value of 4, 3/4" diameter has a value of 9, while 1" diameter has a value of 16. So 1" diameter has as much free space inside it as 16 each 1/4" diameter tubes or 4 each 1/2" hoses. 1"diameter is almost twice as large as a 3/4" diameter tube.

I used to live in a place where the dump station was uphill from my parking spot by about 5' height and 40' length. The pump worked great. However it will drain the 40 gallon tank in about 5 minutes, pretty slow compared to dumping with a 4" diameter regular dump hose, so much of the black stuff can get left behind, and I would recommend dumping with extra water into the black tank, or dumping into a regular dump station or with the 4" hose every once in a while to really clean out the tank with a fast flow of water out of the black tank.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
If you get a permanent one, ask for one with a grey water bypass. This does two things -- first, if you are on FHU including sewer, you can have shower water run out without filling up the grey tank (keep the black tank closed, of course), and if the pump does fail, you have a good chance of being able to dump the black tank as well until you can get it fixed.

A portable one, I'd recommend a clear plastic sleeve. This allows you to see when to cut it off, as well as is another detachment point, as the ears of the portable macerator pumps are fragile, so the fewer cycles made on those, the better.

tkcas01
Explorer
Explorer
Are you looking at a permanently installed unit or one of the portable ones you just attach to the bayonet mount?
Roaming Full Timer

Moved from Forum Technical Support