RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

What the #@!! happened??

Recently while dry camping in Yosemite we had a problem arise. During generator hours my lovely wife plugged in her flat iron/hair straightener and the hair dryer at the same time in the GFI outlet in the bathroom. As I stood in the kitchen I thought...

Camping Near Helen GA

I am leading a Special Military Active and Retired Club (SMART) www.smartrving.org/caravans/html caravan thru Helen GA next Sept/Oct and am considering staying at either Leisure Acres or Yonah Mountain Campgrounds. We will have 20 RVs..about 5 40-43'...

Useful Book?

I ran across this book on Amazon. "RV Repair and Maintenance Manual" by Livingston. It was published in 2002, but my rig is a 1999, so perhaps the dated material is just right?Anyone seen this? Used this? Have suggestions for something better?Ri...

Hotel TOMMY47

Well, I've been posting about mouse or chipmunk problems.Today, I started looking into concealed places. Under the couch was a cache of several hundred nuts, about half uneaten. In the drawer under the fridge, was a large nest made from place mats an...

TOMMY47 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Roof Repair Question

I have a large picture window in my back wall. After having to sit thru a rain out day this past week, I discovered water coming in around the top of the window. I am pretty sure it is coming from the roof area (discovered a previous one here before)...

Dtaylor by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

sticking indicator

Hi all....have a new forest river 25ds....second season...black water level indicator shows 3/4 or full at all times....always fill to 3/4 before i dump it and use rv tp...have wanded it thoroughly...help!....thx...bo

boingram by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Great service from Blue OX

I purchased a Blue Ox SwayPro 1000 from a local retailer. It came with a with a receiver hitch mount that did not drop my trailer enough. I went back to the retailer and he did not have the hitch mount I needed and did not know when he could get one ...

jdfello by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Electric Broom

Need recommendations for a lightweight, inexpensive electric broom. Don't mind if it uses bags, but if not, need one that is easy to empty without spilling the contents all over the place!

Coupler Lock by reese

Hello all, My trailer is parked at my in-laws and they are having health issues and no one is there during the day. I go over once a week and do a walk around the trailer. It's covered, has two locks on it a oversized shackle by master lock thru t...

Jeep GC Safety recall: Transfer case FW upgrade

FYI: If older firmware is flashed, it will cause the transfer case motor to be inoperable, and you won't be able to shift into 4-low or neutral. Proper (latest factory FW) will correct.Some Jeep Grand Cherokee's are under a safety recall, since the...

Dual Cam setup

So I set up the dual cam last year. the truck rode great. the only issue was some sway during wind gusts, large trucks or line of cars passing and some bouncing from the rear end. I just put new lt tires on the car. The first trip out this year it ...

NCMODELA by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Leaky kitchen faucet

I de-winterized the trailer today. Always a fun thing to do since it means camping season is upon us. Everything was fine except I found that the kitchen faucet was leaking. I have pulled the center handle off and it appears water is coming up from t...

Carpet cleaners

I am looking for a compact cleaner for use in a 5th wheel and that would also work well for vehicles. I would prefer a corded machine so that I don't have to recharge for use. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

cell phone booster

Hi all..we r in our second season rving and have a consistant problem...cell service. State parks have no wifi and we usually have very limited or no cell service. We have t-mobile.Any suggestions will be appreciated...thx..bo

boingram by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes