cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof Repair Question

Dtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
I have a large picture window in my back wall. After having to sit thru a rain out day this past week, I discovered water coming in around the top of the window. I am pretty sure it is coming from the roof area (discovered a previous one here before)as I checked window seal and marker lights.

I am ordering Enterabond tape and was going to place over entire seal at roofs edge. 1) Do I remove the grey caulking that is there now and 2) do I need to seal around the tape with additional caulking?

Thanks in advance for the help
Our Travel Blog

2018 Premier 29RKPR
2014 Ford F-150
3 REPLIES 3

A_hitch_and_hop
Explorer
Explorer
I had a similar issue and used the Enterbond tape both on the rear and along the front edge where the roof joins the front. I sleep easy at night now. Point of interest............. Once the tape touches, it sticks on contact. Also, use a small wall paper roller and roll the tape good after it is placed. If you have a large air bubble, just cut a small slot, squeeze the air out and then apply caulk to slit.

Dtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. I will probably remove the old just to see why the problem started. I was just not sure about sealing the edges once the enterbond had been applied.
Our Travel Blog

2018 Premier 29RKPR
2014 Ford F-150

Gau_8
Explorer
Explorer
Removing the old caulk is desirable but not absolutely necessary. No sealing of edges required.