cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Useful Book?

rich85704
Explorer
Explorer
I ran across this book on Amazon. "RV Repair and Maintenance Manual" by Livingston. It was published in 2002, but my rig is a 1999, so perhaps the dated material is just right?

Anyone seen this? Used this? Have suggestions for something better?

Rich
1999 Coachmen Santara Class C -- 24-foot
Ford V10
5 REPLIES 5

W4RLR
Explorer
Explorer
There are newer editions of Livingston's manual. I have one and consider it a useful tool But I paid much less than $50 for it at Camping World.
Richard L. Ray
SSgt USAF (Retired) Life Member DAV
W4RLR 146.52 mhz

2008 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew Cab
1995 Jayco Eagle 277RBSS fifth-wheel

"Never ask a man what kind of computer he drives. If it's a Mac, he'll tell you. If not, why embarrass him?"
Tom Clancy

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
I had one of those types, may still have it, but I did not get much from it. Too general.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
It probably would be useful if you're a "reader" and want to learn the basics of all the systems in an RV. Those manuals sometimes lack specifics as to your model but it might be a good way to learn about a lot of things.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
Don't forget all the handy info in this very forum.
Lot of people here more than happy to tell you what you did wrong.

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
$50? Seems awful steep for a used book. Especially given that most of what you need is likely freely available on the Internet. For this reason I stopped buying repair manuals for cars years ago.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)