RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Not enough links

My Reese W/D bars have only 9 chain links. I hook on the 8th link because I think it isn't good to use up the last link on both bars. The tension is a bit tight and I use the electric jack to raise the tongue to attach the chain link. I would like to...

Tire monitor system question

Looking at getting the TST system and know they recommend metal valve stems but wondering how many have not changed to metal stems and any problems using the ones that came on there.It came with nitrogen in the tires and I hate to change that out if ...

DannyA by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

How to weigh my Motor Home?

I have searched and not found an answer for how to weigh a motor home to get the axle weights. I have a transfer station scale that is about 60 feet long by 10 feet wide in my town. The scale clerk tells me to drive my rig halfway on to the scale and...

RV Park Review deferred

So I posted a review of my recent experience to RV park review about the park I didn't receive my assigned site in and they deferred it saying that it was too much personal information included about my experience and I needed to rewrite it and sum d...

alnal326 by Explorer
  • 50 replies
  • 0 likes

trailer lenth

I 69 this month and for the last several years I've noticed it seems when when I gain a year in age the Trailer grows a foot in lenth especially when backing into a site.

dyb by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Repairing Damage from a Blowout

I experienced my first blowout yesterday...maybe it wasn't a blowout, but the tire shredded and did some damage. It'd not a lot of damage and I was wondering if I could fix it myself. If I could find out where to buy the materiel I'm thinking I cou...

Newbie! PB waterline leak fix.

I'm a newbie to the whole RV thing. WE have a 94 Cobra Cordoba with a leaking water line. The former owner did a temp fix that didn't hold. The line is gray PB with qest and brass fittings. I want to replace the section of line with PEX and pex fitti...

dual pane windows on an RV

Does anyone have experience with dual pane windows on an RV?Are they effective to insulate against hot/cold external temperatures?Are they worth the extra money, when factory fitted?Is it possible to retro-fit a vehicle with dual pane?Tony

Hogweed Beware

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/giant-hogweed-plant-burn-scar-blind/t/story?id=14011972&ref=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.google.com%252F

rvten by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

ReadyBrute Owners Please

Hi all,For those of you who installed your own readybrute/readybrake I have two questions....#1, when I received it there were these little white things that you place inside the readybrute on each side's tube and then you line up the holes in the wh...

A word of thanks to Keystone Ford in PA

Hopefully this is in the right locationOn April 1st we were traveling North on I-81 from NC to MA towing a 40' 5th wheel when our 2006 Ford F-350 diesel dually started to throw white “smoke” from the tail pipe. We pulled over and upon checking the r...

joelc by Explorer III
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

How to handle state move.

My wife is being transferred from South Carolina to Georgia for her job. We currently have a home in South Carolina which we are putting up for sale next week. We have decided to buy a travel trailer and live in it in Georgia until the house sells....

mpdive by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Moving from a BrakeMaster to a Invisibrake

We are switching coaches and switching dinghy's too. I opted to move to a Invisibrake on the new CRV vs the BrakeMaster that I had on my Jeep Liberty. The BrakeMaster worked great, but setup was a little clunky. I like the simplicity of the Invisi...